Samurai Shodown 5 (samsho5.zip/ssv.zip) News

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi, i hope this doesnt turn out being taken in a bad way. I am a newbie despite my age. haha....

I downloaded the SSV zip file from the websites provided by Santa Claws.

I tried to load it in neoragex after renaming it to look like ssv_??.rom and the bank error bug appeared.

I proceeded to check the rom using romcenter but nothing was wrong that needed fixing. The only issue lies with the CRC it was not the 8A86C728 version. I read somewhere that the other version works as well and is in fact the original version? And i know that the CRC is the version needed for neoragex.

What exactly is a CRC and what does it do? Why does the difference constitute whether a rom will run or fail?

And other than trying to look for the right file to download is there any other way we could fix it?

And the ssv_p1.rom patch or the so called neoragex version from epic centre doesnt work. It is only about 1.8 MB in size (1.75MB as stated in the site). And the CRC for that one starts with 15XXXXXXX.

Besides that i even suspect whether all the files are valid. They are all pretty small in size compared to the one i just downloaded.

Anyways, some of the links in Epic center are down. And DON'T and i repeat DONT download the neoragex vh01.rar (or whatever the name is).. it is highly possible it is a virus. I had it on the same directory as the neorage.exe and when i was playing matrimelee countless notepad windows opened themselves on my computer when i was done playing the game and it caused my computer to crash.

Just for information, I still dont know what caused that.  So i thought maybe i should share the experience with you guys.

Oh oh and the method suggested by shishan of renaming the rom files changing the ssv_C?.rom to different order : bad idea. Neoragex crashes everytime i tried to load it. Conclusion - it doesnt work. I am not trying to diss anyone much less dismiss their efforts but just giving a feedback.

Hopefully someone could provide the answers to some of the questions? I'm really looking forward to  reading a solution posted as i always do the next morning when i wake up and check for updates.

Thank you guys for sharing and all the hard work :D

the p1 rom with the crc 8a86c728 works fine in neorageX this emu works fine

http://www.neogamez.net/downloads/emulador...es/neoragex.zip

also neoragex vh01.rar does not have a virus

Edited by james

i think my zip files for zero are screwed up somehow. it's only 33.4mb so i must've done something wrong. i dled all the files and zipped them together from epic-center, but no go.

im not sure what the password is for neoragex H1.

i tried to dl the files from the person who posted all the links, but they have passwords too -.- i.e. samsho5+nebula.by.svc.dump.team

really wanna play this game. please help.

Edited by Setsuna_Shade

I downloaded all the files from epic-center and put them into one zip file, but my current NeoRageX (0.6b i think) wont detect it. i've already dled the zip file for the H1 version, but im not exactly clear on what the password is. is it HappyASR, or the series of letters and numbers?

Name= HappyASR

Key = A220-CC87-5884-0F96

i think my zip files for zero are screwed up somehow. it's only 33.4mb so i must've done something wrong. i dled all the files and zipped them together from epic-center, but no go.

im not sure what the password is for neoragex H1.

i tried to dl the files from the person who posted all the links, but they have passwords too -.- i.e. samsho5+nebula.by.svc.dump.team

really wanna play this game. please help.

samsho5+nebula.by.svc.dump.team that i downloaded never had a password

well, the zips for the neoragex h1 and that file require passwords that i dont have. it's the password to open the zip file itself for neoragex h1 that i need. i dont think Name= HappyASR

Key = A220-CC87-5884-0F96 all crammed in there works. is my ssv zip messed up? i dled all the files from epic-center and zipped them together, but the total siz only comes out to 33.4mb.

Is there anyway to enable the story mode in english? Is it not being there a result of the rom or was the original game like this? I'm mean if it is were getting hosed. I can't believe SNKP did'nt translate any of it...the jap ver. had me almost frothing at the mouth. Also is there anyway to enable the blood, fatalities and whatnot? Thanks for reading!!!!

well, the zips for the neoragex h1 and that file require passwords that i dont have. it's the password to open the zip file itself for neoragex h1 that i need. i dont think Name= HappyASR

Key = A220-CC87-5884-0F96 all crammed in there works. is my ssv zip messed up? i dled all the files from epic-center and zipped them together, but the total siz only comes out to 33.4mb.

did you extract the files to a folder them zip them up ?

download from somewhere else

not only that did you read my post

i said use this emulator http://www.neogamez.net/downloads/emulador...es/neoragex.zip it is the same emulator that you trying to unzip it has no password

the emu however need a key to be used which is this Name= HappyASR

Key = A220-CC87-5884-0F96

please read and check my link thank you

Edited by james