Fuck Fallout:New Vegas

solidius23

I was using Boone as a packmule in my last game. just got to Primm in my new game.

I may go with energy weapons this time. maybe tag it when I get that perk. I just hate to put points in anything but Guns, speech, medicine, survival, lockpick and sneak.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was using Boone as a packmule in my last game. just got to Primm in my new game.

I may go with energy weapons this time. maybe tag it when I get that perk. I just hate to put points in anything but Guns, speech, medicine, survival, lockpick and sneak.

PUT IT IN BASH!!!! :lol:

Well this game definitely makes it to where you cant have everything. I hate the notion of not putting points into guns, but next playthrough I will either focus on Energy or melee.

Energy has shit like Corona, add damage and crit bonus, stuff like that. Ammo is scarce, but if your good at caravan and can keep the vendor stocked with supplies (No-Vac Dinosaur dude) he should be able to replenish his funds, which means he will have enough to bet high. He still has the same old crap I sold him a week ago though... not sure how that works. Or you can collect ant nectar and other stuff that sells high, rest 3 days, then repeat. But with the funds you can keep supplied.

Next playthrough I will get my repair to 90 so I can get that one perk where you can repair anything with something similar. The weapons I like to use are not very common... at all. Anti material rifle, some unique plasma rifle I got, shoots 3 shots... fucking destroys, Assault shotgun or whatever its called. That'll work great. Ill have survival on my hardcore playthrough for sure.

I beat it and am wrapping up loose ends (achievements) Found the "pew pew" laser gun. Thing is pretty strong for something you can just go and get very easily. Ill definitely grab it right off the bat on my next play. Also, where you get it there are a bunch of boxes with an average of 150 caps in each. That'll be a huge help at the beginning of the game.

I said earlier I randomly choose passwords during hacking then back out if im wrong, but Ive gotten pretty good at it and its quicker just figuring it out on the spot. Best tip, look at the suffixes. ing and stuff like that. If a word with ING as the suffix has less than 3 correct, obviously the word wont end with that suffix. If its 3 or more correct is safe to assume your on the right track. Look at the letters of corresponding words and go from there. Usually you should get the password by the 3rd try.

Sunset Sarsaparilla factory. S/W of New Vegas. Go through the front door, through the double doors and take a right. Another right then immediate left, you come to a room with the ceiling caved in, in the center of the room. Climb this rubble and travel south I believe to a room with a small hole in the floor. Easily identifiable by a safe right next to the hole. Anyway, drop down, go through the door and there is a dead dude holding the gun.

Grabbing the holodisk is what finishes a quest so in grabbing it, you may brake the quest. Just sayin'

Sunset Sarsaparilla factory. S/W of New Vegas. Go through the front door, through the double doors and take a right. Another right then immediate left, you come to a room with the ceiling caved in, in the center of the room. Climb this rubble and travel south I believe to a room with a small hole in the floor. Easily identifiable by a safe right next to the hole. Anyway, drop down, go through the door and there is a dead dude holding the gun.

Grabbing the holodisk is what finishes a quest so in grabbing it, you may brake the quest. Just sayin'

Thanks man - i will look into this - although my stats are crap for energy weapons at the mo i think i have 30 or something...

Wait what!? You guys still don't know the terminal helpers they purposely put in the game, that were present in Fallout 3?

Anything between two brackets [ ] or parenthesis { } or whatever these are called removes a dud, or will reset your # of tries.

On easier terminals, this can sometimes remove all but the answer or 2.

Wait what!? You guys still don't know the terminal helpers they purposely put in the game, that were present in Fallout 3?

Anything between two brackets [ ] or parenthesis { } or whatever these are called < > removes a dud, or will reset your # of tries.

On easier terminals, this can sometimes remove all but the answer or 2.

huh? :lol:

Man I am fucked. My inventory is full, Boones Inventory is full, ED-E is also full. Every vendor I can find is out of money and they won't get any more. Even the gun runner vendor started with 1000 and my friend said for him he had around 8000. I think the game is purposefully trying to prevent me from getting richer. I'm level 13 or so and I have like 35,000 caps and tons of awesome shit.

I guess I have that hotel room and whatnot. I should start a stash in there.

I'm really not liking the whole faction apparel thing...

1: It's annoying as shit having to click "OK" every time you put something on, just tell me at the top of the screen and be done with it!

2: It doesn't fucking work! Put on Powder Gang gear...they still attack me. Maybe this has something to do with my status with them? Doesn't seem to affect anyone else either, where they otherwise SHOULD attack me while wearing it.

Another note, I HATE when people inside are alerted to the fact you kill someone OUTSIDE without even seeing it. Why can't I pop a guard, take his key and go inside without the entire damn place magically knowing I offed him?

I sneak killed the guard at the NCR Jail, and right away all the icons on the map for the other Gang members (All INSIDE!) turned red. WTF?