Sonic Fan Remix

Heard about this over at exophase. All i have to say is this is very impressive and unfortunately theres no way in hell sega could ever do something like this. Therefore shame on sega, shame on them for releasing that POS Sonic 4 as a true sequal to the series..

I played the demo for Sonic 4 and IMMEDIATELY ERASED IT just after completing it.

IF it was like this, I would have bought it in an instant. WTF IS SEGA DOING!!!

This Sonic Fan Remix looks AMAZING! I dont generally like platformers, but thats badass. Its so comical how this... how can we put it... obliterated doesnt seem to fit, not strong enough. Whatever, Id be sooooooo embarrassed if I was them. :)

BADGES OF SHAME

I just had a chance to play it. It's very impressive, especially for a fan production. I think the most important aspect they got right is maintaining the same physics as the classic Genesis games. Sonic doesn't feel like he's moving through mud like in STH4 and there's no annoying ass homing attack. Why that's the one modern Sonic mechanic Dimps felt the need to add in to STH4 is beyond me.

Well in all fairness, implementing fresh (anything) is key to survival. All too often do developers juice a franchise for every drop of $$$ value, due to repeat customers. Look at Halo. Look at Tomb Raider. They change it up and keep it new.

Problems I see in 4 are plentiful. They had the right notion, but had bad ideas, with bad follow through. Like a kid who sucks at sports and doesnt even try his best. And if this was theyre best... (shudder) It is not fresh, as the new mechanics alone are gimp. I thought the air dash attack thingy was a neat idea but it wasnt done well. Sonic does not look right when he moves, nor does he feel right... just like "mud". The textures and visuals are meh. The ideas and implementation are lacking out of the box thinking or just plain awesomeness. It seems as if the games entire development crew were ammeters... ammeters as in unimaginative suck ass idiots who well, shouldnt be making games. Period.

Sure Im being harsh, but there is NO excuse to release such a weak-sauce game. They should share the fate of the development crew who made Iron Man 2.

FIRED!!!

Two draws for the fan remix I see are original mechanics, as in its the same 'ole Sonic (as far as I can see) and the visuals that BLOW 4 out of the water. (even considering the repeat textures and background) I should re-download the 4 demo again just so I can remember how bad it was.

Naaaah

Actually, I didn't mind the visuals that much. The graphics felt reminiscent of the Genesis games while being appropriately upscaled for today's consoles. The Wii version is noticeably lower quality since the system is limited to 480p, but the 360 version looks great.

I would agree that it's important to try new things, but that only holds true when those new things don't suck. Time and time again Sega has tried to re-invent the franchise by adding new elements and mechanics and pretty much all of them sucked. I know a lot of people like the air dash, but to me it has always seemed like something that looks better than it actually plays.

I don't think you are being too hard on it at all, we are going on a decade and a half of fail for this franchise.