CoinOPS Inferno - Future Direction

BritneysPAIRS

CoinOPS Inferno   

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

there are over 50 more arcade games going in Inferno that didnt in reignite...... got the ones going that I could that looked ok....the list is small now and cant be arsed on most of them personally

The collectors would like to see more and more arcade i think, even though its crappie games there is always some one who says "have you got" and its always the game you dont have lol...

also for poll i think a question should of been "would you like to see more directories for videos and screen shots" hell i dont even know if that can be done but... you dont ask you dont get :(

keep up the great work !

Also as I said before.... the console stuff is a much welcomed idea, the cab owners dream infact.... its an all in one simple solution... at first i was sceptical about c64 stuff, but now after playing some classics i cant wait for more...

It would be nice to see Amstrad cpc stuff make an apperance for sabatour and oh mummy and some other great classics wityh artcade gameplay !

thanks BP

Since we're talking about future vision, I'd like CoinOps to be my dashboard. A dashboard version of CoinOps would need a file manager, ftp server, ability to launch other applications, audio/video playback, and a number of other features. It seems to me the easiest way to accomplish this would be a fork of the XBMC project. Games could be linked as shortcut files with a video preview thumbnails for the movies. You could then add the support for the additional categories like manufacturer, release year, and play counts.

CoinOps works for ME because all the busy work has already been done. I don't have time to collect ROMs, screenshots, and videos. I stress this is my reason, because others obviously have different needs. A dashboard that looks great, is easy to use, and comes ready to play thousands of games with previews... Now you're talking!

Just my $.02, however, current currency conversion rates probably make it worth less.

lol, sounds exactly like XBMC for Xbox, which for the unitiated, has been around for years now.

Plays video, music, multiple skin options, multiple plug-in options and plays Games and emu's too.

If a person struggles to place an emulator in their "emu" or "games" folder then they have no reason to be messing with their xbox to start with.

Oh snap! It's almost like I said the same thing....

It seems to me the easiest way to accomplish this would be a fork of the XBMC project.

And then... it's almost like I went ahead and stated why I like CoinOps. I run XBMC as my dash. I don't struggle with setup, I just don't have time to do the setup work necessary.

CoinOps works for ME because all the busy work has already been done. I don't have time to collect ROMs, screenshots, and videos.

And then... It's almost like I went out of my way to point out I don't speak for everyone.

I stress this is my reason, because others obviously have different needs.

lol? I really hope I did make you laugh out loud.

lol, sounds exactly like XBMC for Xbox, which for the unitiated, has been around for years now.

Plays video, music, multiple skin options, multiple plug-in options and plays Games and emu's too.

If a person struggles to place an emulator in their "emu" or "games" folder then they have no reason to be messing with their xbox to start with.

Edited by Trig

yes its been ongoing and after showroom then ill be showing how ill be doing filemanagement...smb....usb....movies...tvshows....music....pictures etc in a much easier way than xbmc at present and a full dashboard.....its getting close now....

by the way the new videos are awsome ive redone them for alot of systems now and its a massive list....1000 xtra games....and I must say im loving it.....after this as you have seen

it will probably be

Full massive release :lol:

then

New Dash (this will be such a new project for people and will attract alot of attension....mostly wanted but it will have trolls pleading for people not to look at it as it is a massive change in things...

then ill nail some more features

PS new skin wont be happening due to 2 reasons :lol:

1) last time i actually did 2 new skins people said they didnt want them.....and wanted features

2) and mostly a new skin in CoinOPS can be easily done and it really requires a new GUI...thats pretty much done but as usual I want it to be seemless and done right before I spend the time branding and releasing.... but as usual the what people want are just where my betas are and what order I turn them from BETA to reality

so it will be

1) a massive ShowCASE with Consoles and Videos

2) a new GUI

3) more Console features (so i wont talk about new features in CoinOPS now or new drivers till XBMC is done and that will cause a new type of person to join and others that want drivers etc wont like it...but im only one and only have a limited time but my vision is strong and is working to a goal I know is achieveble on the xbox.....

Peace thread closed

yes its been ongoing and after showroom then ill be showing how ill be doing filemanagement...smb....usb....movies...tvshows....music....pictures etc in a much easier way than xbmc at present and a full dashboard.....its getting close now....

by the way the new videos are awsome ive redone them for alot of systems now and its a massive list....1000 xtra games....and I must say im loving it.....after this as you have seen

it will probably be

Full massive release :lol:

then

New Dash (this will be such a new project for people and will attract alot of attension....mostly wanted but it will have trolls pleading for people not to look at it as it is a massive change in things...

then ill nail some more features

PS new skin wont be happening due to 2 reasons :lol:

1) last time i actually did 2 new skins people said they didnt want them.....and wanted features

2) and mostly a new skin in CoinOPS can be easily done and it really requires a new GUI...thats pretty much done but as usual I want it to be seemless and done right before I spend the time branding and releasing.... but as usual the what people want are just where my betas are and what order I turn them from BETA to reality

so it will be

1) a massive ShowCASE with Consoles and Videos

2) a new GUI

3) more Console features (so i wont talk about new features in CoinOPS now or new drivers till XBMC is done and that will cause a new type of person to join and others that want drivers etc wont like it...but im only one and only have a limited time but my vision is strong and is working to a goal I know is achieveble on the xbox.....

Peace thread closed