Holy Crap! Early Duke Nukem after all!

Shibathedog

I bought Borderlands during some steam sale when it was like 6 dollars or something awhile back and it turns out you get an early access code anyway! You click the game in steam and hit CD Key on the right. Look at all these tools buying GOTY Edition for 50 bucks!

Apparently you can still just buy the regular edition for less too and get the key. Not that I would recommend buying a game just for early access to a demo. What a scam. I'm sure there will be some cracked demo or something anyway. Just thought it was neat.

Man, I wanted to give Borderlands a shot but it never really pleased me with its early game-play. I turned it off after a 2 hour rental that I had gotten and just returned it on due date without giving a second thought.

The beta key, is it worth it?

Borderlands was kinda "grindy" for an FPS.

Ill still have my save game backed up from my reformat.

I did like the game though - and I would like to go back to it but it just slipped away.

Turns out you can't just get the cheaper version for a key anymore. Booooo.

The demo isn't out yet, so I dunno, but when it does come out if I manage to stop playing it ill post about it here.

Borderlands is alright, I don't think it's as good as everyone says it is at all though. Every once in awhile I'll play it for a few hours and then not touch it for weeks. I thought that if I bought it on sale I would play it more over the pirated copy I had but I never really ended up doing so. According to steam I have 9 hours played.