Best and/or most optimized build of XBMC

law56kerz

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 9.04 1-alpha, and when the xbox isn't hooked up to the internet it takes longer to start up. After the splash screen it goes to a black screen and a loading icon pops up in the top right corner (I guess it is searching for an internet source). Is there a way to stop this from happening? Thanks!

that depends :lol: there are many versions of mplayer.....it fixed alot of stuff later but screwed some other stuff...to each his own on that one

I now have have 5 xboxs (and counting).... one is strictly for movies and streaming (movies mainly) so what do you suggest....

The gaming versions I dont watch media through

I download movies/shows on a daily basis and have never had a problem watching anything. I tried to keep up to date most of the time. Haven't had any issues on the version I'm on now. It plays games fine too.

The only problems I ever had with playing back video on XBMC is with store bought DVDs. (Go figure) Sometimes it seems like XBMC just doesn't like the way the menus are put together and it messes up in various ways.

I've been using MKV with XBMC (any build) for a long time and I never had any issue. The only limit is loading large videos like 720p but it happens with any format and it is a known fact.

version 2.0 then patched in fanart etc for non database....removed alot of stuff etc...as I did alot of work on xbmc I pulled the sources apart and picked what I wanted and added in things like large usb support and xmv support...dvd to xbox ripping....it was when 2.0 skin engine came out was the base code....with alot patched in from time to time

xbmc4xbox is happy to receive any patches against the current code which lives on sourceforce (trac dev site here http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/xbmc4xbox/). as someone mentioned, http://www.xbmc4xbox.org is the best place to keep up with the development.

the dvdplayer core of xbmc4xbox is more capable than mplayer with some formats, especially with some h264 for example. I would say the current svn releases are the most stable it has been for some time, and slimmer than a year ago. some improvements are on the front page of http://www.xbmc4xbox.org

if you mkv is h264 and full hd, it isnt going to work btw. lower res h264 will be fine. (certainly ive played 850x400 ish h264), although it depends on bitrate and encoding settings too. for playing back 1280x720p video, you can transcode to something like xvid or ffmpeg's mpeg4 codec. the forums over at the forementioned site are useful if you have questions on the functionality etc.

good to see....ill take a look sometime....but I have highly optomised it myself as it was getting really cluttered for the poor xbox...and I wanted it silky smooth but at some point....ill release it...

it has CoinOPS arcades conole and handhelds and dvd2xbox built in though and also some of the patchs are MS code like xmv support....xbmc dev wouldnt except this stuff

good to see....ill take a look sometime....but I have highly optomised it myself as it was getting really cluttered for the poor xbox...and I wanted it silky smooth but at some point....ill release it...

it has CoinOPS arcades conole and handhelds and dvd2xbox built in though and also some of the patchs are MS code like xmv support....xbmc dev wouldnt except this stuff

xmv isn't possible due to the source license yeh, but interesting. maybe one day someone will reimplement it. I guess it could be done as a separate plugin though and still comply (at least on xbmc side, the plugin would still be dodgy, but no more dodgy than xbmc builds i guess :( ). Still interesting to see your patches though. You will release the source though right with your binary ? :)

Edited by exobuzz