FINALLY

Krosigrim

Well I can understand that then. I like so many things, I practically have something to talk about to anyone.

I just got back from the shop, filled out my paperwork and all, talked to alot of ppl, had a great time! This is fantastic, I already love my job, and I havent even been put on the schedule.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buying games in a store is for nubs I always say! If it's not on Steam my ass can't be bothered!

But seriously, if you look online you can find way better deals. Steam does have those crazy ass sales too. I can get most anything delivered to my door on launch day for 40 bucks brand new, most of the time from obvious places like Amazon. I remember COD4 was selling at maximum price for the most ridiculously long period of time and I was getting copies online for 20 bucks and selling them to people. I could probably do the same with MW2/Halo Reach/whatever these xbox/playstation fags play nowadays but I'm too lazy to do it anymore and deal with these idiots. (No offense if you have an Xbox 360/PS3 or anything, I like Xbox, but you know what I mean.) Accusing me of selling a bootleg that will magically play in your unmodified console.

Sometimes you get good deals in stores though if you buy them at stores that don't really sell games because they don't know WTF they are doing or they put the wrong price tags on stuff or something. There is this grocery store around here that does that all the time. That's a good way to find high demand shit too, fuck pre-orders. While gamestop didn't have enough PSPs for even the pre-orders when they where new let alone random customers this grocery store had about 25 of them. There is no reason to pre-order anything ever. I remember the ridiculous launch party for MW2 at gamestop all these people lined up cooking hot dogs and shit freezing their asses off like HOLY SHIT WE HAVE TO GET THIS GAME NOOOOOWWWWWWWWW WE PREORDERED AND THAT'S THE ONLY WAYYYYY!!!! Wal-Mart across the street had about 5000 fucking copies that you could just walk in and buy without any bullshit or waiting but these people had already paid so they where trapped. I fucking hate that pre-order nonsense. Instead of forcing me to preorder to get it ill just buy it somewhere fucking else. I feel like I'm buying drugs off some asshole who doesn't have the money to get the drugs to sell in the first place. So I'm supposed to give these assholes my money so they can go get the game and then bring it to me. Midnight launch parties BAH!!!!! Stores will deliberately stock more copies of games that you supposedly have to pre-order just because of this. Seriously all you have to do is get one of those books/print out the list from the gamestop website, Is it on the list? Stock more copies! In fact gamestop is the only store that sells games that ever really runs out of anything. The idiot customers there just don't know where else to go. It seems like if they where smart they would just stock more and make more money. Something tells me distribution likes to limit the amount of copies stores like gamestop/EB/etc. get though for robbing them of so much money. Game Piracy doesn't steal anywhere near the amount of money from developers and the like that used game sales do. I'm glad they are dwarfing used copies of games/requiring activation codes. Eventually they won't let you play previously owned discs at all. After that everything will be digital distribution. Guess what that means for Gamestop?

FUCKED.

So yea, I love my job! :)

I dont know what to say, other than I really like going to GameStop. I cant explain it. Perhaps it reminds me of Rhino Videogames when they were still around.

Dunno. But I always liked coming to this store, and am really excited about working there.

But you go there for the freakshow, it justifies any extra cost.

www.peopleofwalmart.com

What about Funco Land. They where probably the first used games shop I ever messed around with. Babbages always smelled funny inside. They ALL did. Weird that they all ended up merging in the end. Especially since the Gamestop side was owned by Borders and the EB side was owned by Barnes and Noble (or maybe it was the other way around, fuck if I remember this happened so long ago)

I was tired last night but now I can formulate a response.

Going into a GameStop should be an experience. Its the preverbal candy shop. Prices are fine by me, I generally buy used games and with the edge card I really got some value in. I dont like Walmart, they are a Scourge. I dont like Buying games anywhere else frankly. On top of that, when I go I peruse the used section for quite some time, double checking everything in case I missed something. ALOT of times I find a game I would have otherwise never known about, even considering how good it is. Example, Front Mission 4. My friend was telling me about it but I had long forgot. I picked it up new for pittles as no one ever bought it, and I believe it is one of the must have games.

I have been to many GameStops that suck ass. The employees grease up any game and try to shove them up your ass. I have seen assholes as well as people who just do not know shit about games. I asked about Turok 3 or something years ago, to test this one guy who was always there. I dodnt like him, he was one of the assholes you want to avoid shopping at the store just in case he is there. The guy told me it was a good game. I know its all opinion, but not in this case. He knew NOTHING and tried his best to get me to buy it. That game ranked worst game of the year if I remember correctly. That is NOT how I do business, or anyone else including the manager at my store operate. We all like what we like, if they dont know about a game they pass the baton if someone else is an expert on that particular genre. There are no pressure sales tactics. No bullshit.

Yea I appreciate awesome customer service. I appreciate a job done well, and a good attitude. Geniality, consideration all that shit. The other day I wanted Subway. There is one not a mile away but there is this girl there who fucking sucks ass. She is probably one of the worst sandwich artists I have ever seen. I worked a total of 5 years for Subway, and I am a master. That sounds ridiculous, but it is true. I know how to properly gauge and grade their performance from a personal professional background. Anyway, we drove by slowly and I saw a tall black dude. I was like cool, let go in. As we got to the door she came from the back and started to put on her gloves... in response to our approach. I literally spun on my heel and got back into the car. Shot a look inside and she was standing there staring at us.

Fuck that bitch. She always makes the subs half assed, doesnt pre-heat the meat that is to be toasted, places the 4 tomatoes on a sandwich and says "what else" in a bitch ass tone. Fucking Cunt, theirs like 2 inches on either side that dont have tomato coverage. Scoot them bitches over and place another slice. "What else" what a bitch. Always seems as if she hates being there, says thank you or have a nice day or whatever, but it never feels like she is anywhere near sincere. This is a small example of her "service"

I value good service so much I will remain loyal to places that make me feel at home and do whatever is necessary to ensure my satisfaction. I will travel miles out of my way to get good service.

My fellow employees share my values, every last one, and I am totally excited to be working with them. They are all cool and are easy to talk to.

So you say GameStop is for noobs. You can exclude me. I know what I like and now Im doing it for a living. Kick ass.

Edit: Peopleofwalmart... awesome site!!!

Sandwich artist HA, I knew you had worked there as soon as you said that. I always thought it was ridiculous that they referred to someone as a sandwich artist.

Yeah I agree with you though. I've bought things at Gamestop before but only a couple of them that have good people working there. Unfortunately around here there is only 1 gamestop within reasonable distance (well I guess there is one in the mall, but fuck that haha, those are always more expensive/don't have much) and it is the worst gamestop I have ever been inside in my life. There are not many people there and they all suck, here is the run down.

This guy with like 6 chins who isn't even that fat (I think his name is Alex): He constantly walks around with this condescending attitude and tries to insult everyone in the store. He thinks he is witty trying to disguise his insults but he is not. If anyone confronts him about it he gets scared like a little pussy and tells the manager that someone is threatening him and to make them leave. He also thinks he is the shit because he is in some shitty local band that no one cares about.

This young hyper bubbly guy: He is actually alright. He isn't a total expert on games but he knows enough to get the job done. I've had a few conversations with him and he isn't afraid to admit when he didn't know something which I like. He can be pretty funny too.

Slow moving manager chick: Doesn't know anything at all about games. AT ALL. She knows how to run a business but is a bitch about it. One time I was in there getting a used Xbox and I wanted one with the samsung drive. She told me there where a ton in the back but she wasn't going to get any just because she is too lazy. She strolls around the store at the slowest pace it drives me nuts. More than once I've asked for a game where for some reason she had to get it from the back, I was waiting for like 15 minutes.

Hip tattooed gamer chick: Has HUGE retarded as fuck tribal tattoos all up and down both arms. She thinks she is better than everyone else too because she is a girl and plays games and has pretty big tits. She thinks everyone wants her but is too good for all of them and constantly glares at everyone in the store. Personally I think she is ugly as fuck. You can tell she likes games (maybe doesn't want to admit it, I can't tell) but hates her job. I've seen her get pissed off at customers more than once for shit that she needs to get over because its probably going to happen every day. I always wait for this condescending bitch and that other condescending asshole to clash and get in a fight but I've yet to see it happen.

Other than that there seems to just be new guys who work there for a couple weeks and then get fired/quit. They are all pretty generic and not worth describing. They basically either just don't know anything or are too new/shy and you don't really interact with them at all.

quit witch yo jibba jabba fools!

I have someone who will throw down with me with crushing walls of text... in my thread. Its not our fault our minds work this way. Besides, this is good stuff.

Yea that store sound like the bottom of the barrel.

My manager is this German chick whos alittle older than me. I havent asked her how long she has lived in the states, but its likely most her life, although a bit of accent remains. She and her man game like crazy. She said to me yesterday, I want to get some sleep, but there are still games to be played. Which in all of our experience, will never change. They have something like 175 360 games. Between the 2 of them they have a pretty good grasp on games in general. She is a WoW player, so doesnt really play console RPG's and their both Halo nuts. They have all Halo games setting in a Halo standee.

Then we have the Asst. Manager. He is very good at absorbing new information. As far as the technical aspects of the job, routines and shit your supposed to say, Im watching him specifically... I actually think he is the poster boy for how that should be done. His "comfort zone" on game genres he plays often are pretty slim, but he still has a good basis to draw from. He is pretty witty, or at least he would like to think so I gather. He is quick and informative but not overbearing.

The Sr. Game Advisor. Hees a cool guy, pretty chill. He is married and expecting a child. He talks alot, just like me so I have an analog to compare myself with and so I can try not to make the same mistakes. He is the only sports guy in the store, so he feels alone in that respect. We often talk about DQIX but since he is married and expecting, he cannot play as much as us.

Then there is the guy who never left, lol. He was supposed to work for Apple like half a year ago, In which I was going to nab his position. He never left... Anyway, he is actually going to be leaving soon, or so he says. He is pretty cool, but he does seem as if he is loosing his drive for the job. He is an RPG nut and I was quickly swept away with his knowledge. I believe that is his only specialization though so that makes sense. I do not know how much other knowledge he has, Ill find out come Sunday.

There is another guy but he makes no hours. He has had the job for almost half a year and I just saw him for the 1st time this week. He is pretty damn cool though, I hope I see more of him. He is into alot more stuff than the rest of them. He is actually excited about the joystick im about to build too. Didnt have much time to observe him, but I get a good feeling.

Every last one of these people will admit if they dont know, they will pass the baton if necessary. Every last one of them is pretty chill. I see them get excited but generally everyone is pretty chill. I on the other hand am an excitable person. On top of that, my gaming "comfort zone" practically everything but sports and family games. I will work on those though, but not a whole lot. I am the preverbal kid... the kid in this candy shop. I just need to make sure Im not a spaz. Honestly that is not an issue, it just a joke. But the Asst manager for instance gives logical comparisons if you were to hand him 2 games but he doesnt get riled. Im saying in his example, I am very different.

I have never been to a store where everyone has a personality. Say if one guy is cool, everyone else blends into the background. This store is a gem, and that is one reason I waited on this store specifically.

So yea, another entry into my crushing walls of text... I am certainly excited, no doubt. I will help make this store even more awesome.