I got a free blackberry!

I don't see what the big damn deal is about though. Honestly I hate this phone. There are so many annoying things about it, but it was free so whatever. I can't get OTA downloads to work because I guess when I hard reset it to erase all the previous users crap I screwed up the internet or something but are there any apps I should have? So far I installed google maps through my wifi ha. I was hoping there would be some good emulators but I read they all suck.

It's not that the emulators suck, it's that the Blackberries are underpowered.

I have an 8800 Curve, and my old Nokia 6085 can play NES and Gameboy just fine. The Blackberry? I MIGHT get 3 FPS if I'm lucky on the GB emulator. The NES emulator doesn't even work.

BB's MIDP support is horrid, so even with enough power...shit just doesn't work, and there are far too many BB modules loaded that eat up what little RAM they have.

blackberry is really a business phone. it's not really designed for the average joe.

It seems like the only thing "business" about it is the extra protocols it supports. Everything else seems to have been on even the cheap phones I owned. I had an LG Rumor 2 for awhile that had more shit and way more efficient menus actually. I don't really see why an iPhone or Android phone wouldn't support these protocols as well though.

I guess it has that sync with business network crap too.

that's the big draw. all my managers have blackberries. and stay synced to the network. receive their emails and all logs we generate. they couldn't work with out them. We have one blackberry with a special program on it that's only available on it. we need that program. I'm sure android and ios could have those programs but the demand is not there. so they will not be developed. blackberry is already rooted in the corporate culture.

Just like Palm is big in the medical field, palm has alot of medical apps that aren't on iphone or android.