Bizzare xbox problem?

ace9094

Hey Guys

I have put a 250GB HDD into an xbox, it only see's 120gb

If I use XBpartitioner INSTALLED on the hdd i get error "LBA48 info not found" cannot use custom partition with this bios, Flash Bios with LBA48 v2

HOWEVER

If I use frostys rescue disk and it allows the change in XBpartitioner, i can then boot into file manager from frostys rescue disk and launch the default.xbe for XBMC and it see's the whole 240gb on F:

I then reboot and F: goes back to 127Gb

Any Idea's?

EDIT: I tried to flash bios but get an error "flash not writable"

Edited by ace9094

at a quick guess one of the earlier Xecuter's or an early cheapmod chip.

The problem with these models was they had an early bios flashed to em. Only allowing 120gb HDD.

The had to be flashed/programmed, then soldered.

So im guessing you would have to de-solder it, enable write access and then reprogram it with an according programmer, re-solder and boot.

If this is the case then your other option is to cut it from the board, get large HDD and go the softmod option.

A "2 minute fix" as the great one would say. In fact im sure he could talk you through the process.

The problem with these models was they had an early bios flashed to em. Only allowing 120gb HDD.

So im guessing you would have to de-solder it, enable write access and then reprogram it with an according programmer, re-solder and boot.

If this is the case then your other option is to cut it from the board, get large HDD and go the softmod option.

A "2 minute fix" as the great one would say. In fact im sure he could talk you through the process.

for the price i will buy another xbox and a 120 hdd for this and put the 250 in another xbox

thanks guys

Aren't most modchips flashable via a game save like 007 or Splintercell?

You should be able to just upgrade the bios on the chip to like X2_5035 or Indibios

and then you can have your 250GB's. Post a pic of the modchip, that would tell you right away.

Most chips come with atleast a 512k bios bank to flash, some are bigger like 1-2MB to hold multiple

bios'.

cheers,

Nextel

for the price i will buy another xbox and a 120 hdd for this and put the 250 in another xbox

thanks guys

hiya,

is this the softmod xbox I did for you? if so its xbpartitioner thats the problem

run the default .xbe you will find in the e:/ntds folder to run unleash with your xbox hdd fully unlocked (no shadow c) you will tell when this happens because an unleash dash will load and the led will turn red!

now you can run xbpartitioner and it will work

dude i'll re-iterate if you wanna change anything on that xbox pm me! anyways if its not the xbox I did, then what the other guy said ;o)

hope life is treatin you well ace!

thanks guys

hiya,

is this the softmod xbox I did for you? if so its xbpartitioner thats the problem

run the default .xbe you will find in the e:/ntds folder to run unleash with your xbox hdd fully unlocked (no shadow c) you will tell when this happens because an unleash dash will load and the led will turn red!

dude i'll re-iterate if you wanna change anything on that xbox pm me! anyways if its not the xbox I did, then what the other guy said ;o)

Na the one one you done is running fine :)

Its my old xbox... my xbox count is now 6.... 2x 200gb, 1x 250, 1x 40 2x default :) 2x crystal 1x green 3x black... (looking for a rare blue one)

thanks guys

hiya,

Na the one one you done is running fine :)

Its my old xbox... my xbox count is now 6.... 2x 200gb, 1x 250, 1x 40 2x default :) 2x crystal 1x green 3x black... (looking for a rare blue one)

Aaah I see,

why not get one of these badboyz and mod your case right up?

http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Mods/Custom%20X...hted%20Mods.htm

Dude, its not a bizzare xbox problem. you installed a false bios with no support over 137gb, just flas an another one and if you installed a softmod do it again with the ndure installer, that boxes that i modded it works perfect with drives over >137gb.

PS: i found my modded gta vc