Nintendo 3DS Specs revealed

Wizard

IGN has learned that the Nintendo 3DS will pack not one, but two 266MHz ARM11 CPUs, along with a 133MHz GPU, 4MBs of dedicated VRAM, 64MBs of RAM, and 1.5GBs of flash storage. The information comes from persons familiar with the hardware who spoke to us under the condition of anonymity.

Word? Definitely better than PSP, by a long shot.

>> http://gear.ign.com/articles/112/1122613p1.html

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah I have to see it in person before I could make any kind of judgement.

but with Nintendo's rep for mostly fluffy, casual, kitchy games, I doubt it would be a buy for me regardless.

yeah I have to see it in person before I could make any kind of judgement.

but with Nintendo's rep for mostly fluffy, casual, kitchy games, I doubt it would be a buy for me regardless.

Still, with specs surpassing psp and theri solid snake game looking like a friggin ps2 games is an marvel in iteslf.

However, im just done with nostalgia, after Starfox Adventures I've done had may share of old school remakes.

BUt back to da topic.....

Personal feelings : "Wow cool... But wont buy until they make a pokemon fly out of the screen."

Since when did nintendo make a good game?

Always.

I spoke to a few people who were at E3 this year and they were absolutely blown away by the 3DS. It's definitely one of those things you have to see in person to experience.

Always.

I spoke to a few people who were at E3 this year and they were absolutely blown away by the 3DS. It's definitely one of those things you have to see in person to experience.

Ill give it a shot.

But I have never hid the fact that nintendo have churned out a lot of crap since the wii arrived and abandoned their roots.

Always.

Ill give it a shot.

But I have never hid the fact that nintendo have churned out a lot of crap since the wii arrived and abandoned their roots.

Abandoned their roots?

They've been reshuffling their roots like crazy!

I knew Id buy one as soon as I heard about it. When I learned about some of the specs months back it was a done deal, solidifying my decision.

The depth of the 3D is fantastic they say. I dont care that the screen has to be centered, its a small price to pay to not wear 3D glasses. As for the graphics, think of it like this. Remember PS2 or any other system release vs end on console life? By now texture mapping tech is off the charts. And with nifty tricks learned along the way, like the system used to tweak Grand Turismo on the PS2, they can jam out the most information possible efficiently.

I just hope good measures are taken when making the games. Lord knows all but one of the 3D movies I've ever seen were filled with lame gimmicks. Id be happier with a great game with visual depth alone, rather than have gimmicks flying around and at your face.

With the screen (much) smaller than my DSXL, the graphics should look pretty tight, even though the resolution is pretty crap. But what do you expect from 2 pixels sharing the same space (so to speak)... (1 for each eye)

When did Nintendo make a good game? Ever hear of Metroid? How about Super Metroid?? Yea... arguably one of the best games ever.