that show Hoarders

Inky

will sure motivate you to do your dishes. :D

I watched like 3 episodes and went on a cleaning rampage.

Yeah and there was that recent case where a man called the cops because his wife was missing, only to find her feet poking out from under a pile of rubbish in the home three weeks later, dead.

How can people live in such squalor? It must be a very subtle form of O.C.D.

Yeah, I've been watching a similar show (don't know if it was the same Hoarders show, though), and every time I see one of the episodes, I'm glad that me and none of my immediately family and friends have such a "disorder".

Yeah, I've been watching a similar show (don't know if it was the same Hoarders show, though), and every time I see one of the episodes, I'm glad that me and none of my immediately family and friends have such a "disorder".

A lot of "hoarders" seem to have developed this problem after something traumatic happened, or that combined with some mental decline. It doesn't help that we live in material excess (in the U.S. that is), thus making the facilitation of harding all the more debilitating.

I've noticed the same thing. It seems like the pattern is mostly women who started hoarding after thier child or mother died.