XBOX HDD F:\ drive

ace9094

Hey all,

I have an xbox 1.1 with a 200GB drive in with ONLY MSdash. It has no custom dash yet. I know how to softmod with splintercell and EVO-X however...

I would like it to have XBMC with a small C: Small E: and the rest on F: but all the tutorials say I can only have 137GB on F: but my other xbox has more thanks to Spbaabck (cheers budddy)

anyone guide me on how to do it?

I have download Ndure3.1 and have Splintercell... I also got XBOX USB leads to if needed :)

Spbaabck done a softmod for me that allow FTP by holding WHITE and YELLOW i would love to add that feature to :)

Thanks.... I dont wanna start until I know i can do it

Hey Ace, so the 200GB is already in the xbox and boots to the MS dash?

Since it's only 200GB's you F can take all the space, it's not limited to 137GB.

If you've got a partition that is over 250GB you'll need to format it with 32k clusters

to avoid corruption. So if you take what you have an just apply the soft mod to

you should be just fine. NO formatting or doing custom partitions should be needed.

If the xbox is chipped you should just use Slayers 2.7 or AID to setup the drive

and have fun.

25rn3.gif

Edited by Nextel

Tried using change dash in etras mode but get batch failed, Also tried to use all space for 1 big F: for dirive and on reboot goes back to F: and G: lol

Maybe Ill try again tomorrow.

Thank Nextal appreciate the help mate...

:)

I'm looking at Ndure3.1 and all I can find is Ndure3.1 for PC. Looks like it sets up the drive you via a PC.

So, the xbox you have right now already has a 200GB drive in it and it boots to the MS dash already, is that right?

If so i have no idea how that would work unless it's already been softmodded and is set to boot to the default dash

or has a problem. You could try using Ndure v1.1 007 or SC and see how it goes. Just make sure you back up your

EEPROM to your PC before you do anything. I've used this softmod a few times and it worked out great for me with

no errors but I have not used it on an upgraded hard drive yet so I cant tell you how it will set up the drive.

You sure the xbox does not have a mod chip or a flashed TSOP already? If so that would make thing alot easier.

Hey Guys....

Sorted it...

I just restored back up, started again and this time used the evoX option instead of unleashx then run dash changer and installed XBMC, then run NKpatecher and Boom... F: drive with 180GB

all working !

Thanks again Nextel really appreciate the help mate !

Just need to figure out how to boot to a hidden \ secret menu for XBMC by holding a button combo... ;)

yo!

just started reading this, been building super xboxes been very busy. (xboxes with all xtras, IPLAYER, and 60 games installed!! I have perfected the art now :lol: )

Whats the crack? you wanting to install xbmc as your default dash is that it?

Just need to figure out how to boot to a hidden \ secret menu for XBMC by holding a button combo... ;)

yo!

just started reading this, been building super xboxes been very busy. (xboxes with all xtras, IPLAYER, and 60 games installed!! I have perfected the art now :lol: )

Whats the crack? you wanting to install xbmc as your default dash is that it?

nevermind I see you have managed it lol

that button combo should still work, depending which version of xbmc (if it is off slayers it will be an older version) should still work.

if you can install another dash somewhere on the hdd other than xbmc, navigate to the folder (via file manager) and run the default.xbe in there (just "click on it") running the other dash you can replace your xbmc dash folder with the latest STABLE T3CH build.

Remember don't try to do this from xbmc itself or you will kill your softmod as you can'r replace a dash while running said dash! remember to use another dash (eg a copy of evox from "the usual place") while replacing. Remember if you don't do it all in one go and finish before you reboot - killed softmod ensues. You also have to finish before you reboot or the poor xbox will try to load its xbmc dash as its meant to and won't be able to unless the xbmc folder is complete and in working order.

SO in a nutshell to update xbmc should you choose:

Before all this backup eeprom using configmagic and SAVE TO PC good in case it all goes wrong

1 download recent stable version from t3ch or that other one whose name I forget

2 download and save another dash somewhere on xbox (this will be your backup dash for replacing xbmc)

3 navigate to new dash folder and load default.xbe on there (xbmc filemanager will load this dash for you just fine)

4 on new dash use filemanager to delete contents of your xbmc folder (don't reboot here or dead softmod)

5 on new dash use ftp connection to ftp to your xbox - copy the contents of your new xbmc into old xbmc folder (use original filestructure, put contents into xbmc folder not xbmc/xbmc/contents... if it used to be xbmc/contents... for example

6 once new xbmc is copied restart and hey presto

Alternatively just save yourself the hassle, if it aint broke don't fix it!!!

Good to see you are getting the hang of the softmods ace!!! good work!!!