CoinOPS Gun Games

pookie75

So CoinOPS Showroom contains a few Light Gun games, ive tryed them and tryed adjusting the sensitivity settings etc but the games still seem unplayable. So my question is has anyone got any tips to play these?

Also do trackball games not work, only i came accross one and it loaded ok but the controls wouldnt work.

Thanks.

Edited by pookie75

cba doing a new build of mame with light gun....it will be hard for him as he cant even display screen co ords in Final Burn which looks to be as easy as a 1minute job but still he said he would sort it out...so look forward to it.....

ace you may want to ask me some stuff in the future as theres some pitfalls and altererations ive done to this stuff...but this stuff will be though PM as I dont want to disturb cba way forward

track ball works perfect....and light gun is setup for controller commands at present and theres no switch to light gun mode.....

what a bullshitter you really are BP, your info is wrong again.

CBAGY isn't building a new Mame emu at all, in fact he already has an emu that plays LightGun games properly.

For all other users that are struggling with LightGun games, i suggest you use any Xbox Mame variant before BP got his grubby mits on it and broke LightGun support. Anything pre CoinOps works lovely.

BP doesn't actually know how to fix it !!!

PS. I know how to plot a skin no problem, do you ? Is CoinOps still rendering everything in the wrong resoloutions @ 720p ?

I was merely helping others to find an alternate and easier way to plot their own. Proper help, i know you don't do proper help. Well i'll say this for ya, you are a dreamer "oh great one". LOL, silly boy.

hhehe cba is awsome im a newbe....we all believe that...ace trust cba or trust me its up to you

CoinOPS is the only emulator that does all scaling correctly....thank coso for the help the maths is perfect for everything and automatic no hacky crappy stuff I see on every other emu....the emulator knows the TV res and the game res and does the scaling to the method mentioned....to anyone that tries it can see the massive difference of scaling done right to a cheap version of scaling...that everyone asks questions about...

I was asked to add co ordinates which was a cheap hack approach and didnt do it...I did it right and never any questions again...i click done for every game in an res even if you change between 720 480 widescreen it...the emulator knows and corrects itself....I still see so many questions about this basic stuff and to me its we can hack it answers for selected games...instead of a proper coded solution....

anyways....its a laugh to me how stuffs done by others but hey as long as they believe its done the right way it will just be a I feel sorry for the users thoughts from me

• 3 weeks later...
hhehe cba is awsome im a newbe....we all believe that...ace trust cba or trust me its up to you

CoinOPS is the only emulator that does all scaling correctly....thank coso for the help the maths is perfect for everything and automatic no hacky crappy stuff I see on every other emu

Wrong, wrong, wrong, yes Cospefogo is wrong too, ask him !

There are correct mathmatics and absoloute sizes i mentioned over 2 yrs ago, nobody listened.

So i leave you all to it, im happy with my speedy builds.

Check out the other threads pertaining to incorrect video resoloutions.

I need say no more, most pixel perfect settings are a joke.