I have been thinking about trying CoinOps but have some questions.

dosamania

Generally, what's the best version for running Osman/Cannon Dancer, NBA JAM, NBA Jam TE, Night Slashers, NHL Open Ice 2 on 2 Challenge, the late 90s Raiden Fighters games, Desert Breakers, DD Crew, Wrestlemania Arcade Game, Golden Tee 98, Lucky and Wild, Jurassic Park and Gaiapolis?

Can you interrupt play/pause with the right analog stick like in Final Burn?

Do you have to unzip roms to transfer them? If so, are there any versions in which you don't have to?

Is it okay to have Mame 84b and CoinOps on the same xbox system? I apologize for asking this silly question but I'm very cautious.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it okay to have Mame 84b and CoinOps on the same xbox system? I apologize for asking this silly question but I'm very cautious.

yes but theres no point CoinOPS is built from it with that plus alot more and mean alot

you can pause unpause.....but its not something thats normally needed...

alot of those games run ....some dont but everything in Final Burn runs and 10,000s of more games run

Thank you. What is the newest and/or best version? I ask this because I've seen versions up to r10 then read it changed to r1-3 or 4. I'm a little confused.

Do you have to unzip the roms before adding them? My FTP connection stinks and it will take much longer to transfer folders and/or multiple files.

I think I'm just going to add my favorite games from Mame84, and of course the now playable stuff like Osman, NBA Jam, Open Ice, etc. My FTP connection is way too shoddy to try to make any major upgrades and I'm completely satisfied with Final Burn.

I really appreciate your help.

Are there any versions in which you can FTP unzipped files, like mame 84b?

Thanks.

Jurassic Park doesn't run well on 84b but I was hoping it would have been improved some 50+ versions later.

*I know I've probably already asked too many questions but has coinops emulated Demon Front? It looks like an awesome Metal Slug rip-off.

Edited by dosamania

Generally, what's the best version for running Osman/Cannon Dancer, NBA JAM, NBA Jam TE, Night Slashers, NHL Open Ice 2 on 2 Challenge, the late 90s Raiden Fighters games, Desert Breakers, DD Crew, Wrestlemania Arcade Game, Golden Tee 98, Lucky and Wild, Jurassic Park and Gaiapolis?

Can you interrupt play/pause with the right analog stick like in Final Burn?

Do you have to unzip roms to transfer them? If so, are there any versions in which you don't have to?

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.

to answer your questions.

1.osman runs fine on coinops.

nba jam games/use mamexb6 or mameox 0.72 because in coinops the gameplay will be jittery,you will get full framerate with sound turned off of course.

night slashers use coinops.

nhl 2on2 use mameox 0.72.

raiden fighters games,only raiden fighters 2:2000 works in coinops and it plays well.

wrestlemania arcade game,use mame0x 0.72 or i am sure it works in final burn legends.

lucky and wild is not emulated properly,needs updated driver.

gaiapolis,sticks at ram rom screen.

jurassic park plays fine on coinops.

2.to pause/play on coinops hit the back and white button together to play/pause.

3.you do not unzip your roms when you ftp or just generally move them around.

4.mameox 0.84 and coinops are fine on your xbox hdd as they both use different gamesaves.

Thank you very much.

Ideally, I'd like to have 84, 72 and coinops on my xbox. If I rename the game save folders into "game saves 72" and "game saves coinops", would there be an issue?

there really is absolutley no point in having 0.84 because the roms you have for mameox0.84 will work fine on coinops.so you will not have to edit any gamesaves that way.

you cant rename gamesaves like that anyway,they are named a certain for the emu to recognise them.use mame0x 0.72 and coinops.if you wish you could try mamex-b6 for nba jam,narc and double dragon 1 and2 if you wish.

if you dont know where to get mameox 0.72 then i can give you a link to download it as i uploaded it ages ago.let me know if you want it.

there really is absolutley no point in having 0.84 because the roms you have for mameox0.84 will work fine on coinops.so you will not have to edit any gamesaves that way.

you cant rename gamesaves like that anyway,they are named a certain for the emu to recognise them.use mame0x 0.72 and coinops.if you wish you could try mamex-b6 for nba jam,narc and double dragon 1 and2 if you wish.

if you dont know where to get mameox 0.72 then i can give you a link to download it as i uploaded it ages ago.let me know if you want it.

The reason(s) why I'd like to keep 84 is because I have a giganitc romset (also, my FTP connection sucks, and I don't want to mess around with anything nor deal with the hassle) and I plan to use coinops for my favorite games. I seem really fixated on the idea of having a smaller, customized romset. If I feel like playing randoms, I'd use mame 84. As long as I could play the Jams and Open Ice sans sound on coinops, that would be good enough for me. I own Jam for the PSX, so I could always rip the game and put it on pscxbox if I need to play it with sound - or just play it on my ps2. I usually listen to music when I play old school games, so it's not a big deal for me. I'd rather keep 84 than add 72, if I can't have both.

I really appreciate you helping me and I know how annoying newbs can be - although I'd consider myself a quasi-noob on a good day. I'd be able to find old versions of mame, if they're working. If I can't, could I pm you? Thanks again.

Edited by dosamania