CoinOps - ShowRoom X XBOX-iND

cba.gy

The GUI of CoinOPS, bringing all under 1 roof is exactly what the Xport/madmab/XBMC combo is lacking.

The idea is brilliant and much appreciated by me.

Yes, madmab has loads of features that aren't in CoinOPS, and may never be in.

Personally I miss saving and patches the most.

So why not create a best of both ?

Instead of this flame-war, you could be working on a Xport GUI, (or a re-write of Xport / XBMC

that would bring all games under 1 roof,

with the advantages of sorting features like genre,

getting back to the games-list without rebooting xbox and at the same sport you left it from,

ability to boot xbox games.

There's obviously enough people wanting this, yet nobody is coding it.

Exactly!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me. I'm your friend coz I believe in your signature.

Or because i had sexuality in your body yesterday.

Oh yeah and it was very good. Man, you're creative unlike others. Next time let's try the cellar.

SORRY ABOUT NEWBEES RIDING ON MY NAME AND MY EMULATOR

The only thing riding on you is your boyfriend :)

LOL

This forum looks more and more like a mix between the Village People and the Love Boat. Basically it is progressive. I like it.

The GUI of CoinOPS, bringing all under 1 roof is exactly what the Xport/madmab/XBMC combo is lacking.

Instead of this flame-war, you could be working on a Xport GUI, (or a re-write of Xport / XBMC

getting back to the games-list without rebooting xbox and at the same sport you left it from,

Exactly!

See ?

There are even some who want to make orgies.

Hot hot hot

Edited by waal

Hmmm, maybe someone has been looking into this "GUI" in a new modern/3D//lightwieght/speedy/low ram usage way.

"Completely" open to the end user using what ever skin they choose to make and whatever artwork, videos and GUI.

In fact im guessing it would operate in exactly the manner you describe except it would be new code and not built using Xport or XBMC code.

Now such an app would be usable as a dash for cab owners or as an application in an existing dash that could quit to the emu list or quit to dash.

Although a GUI uses a lot of code for such a small task it can still be made lightwieght and very efficient as long as it doesnt have cut n paste code in it. Built from the ground up and optimised for the old Xbox.

Well here's hoping, hey you never know, a newbie could even be building such an app.

Hmmm, maybe someone has been looking into this "GUI" in a new modern/3D//lightwieght/speedy/low ram usage way.

"Completely" open to the end user using what ever skin they choose to make and whatever artwork, videos and GUI.

In fact im guessing it would operate in exactly the manner you describe except it would be new code and not built using Xport or XBMC code.

Now such an app would be usable as a dash for cab owners or as an application in an existing dash that could quit to the emu list or quit to dash.

Although a GUI uses a lot of code for such a small task it can still be made lightwieght and very efficient as long as it doesnt have cut n paste code in it. Built from the ground up and optimised for the old Xbox.

Well here's hoping, hey you never know, a newbie could even be building such an app.

hmmm are you implying what i think your implying if so cant wait!

But surely if such an amazing app existed wouldn't make inserting all these console cores into CoinOPS a complete waste of time?? :(

I allready have such an app :( and have done for years....as shown many times...its just not as useable as CoinOPS...no favs no counting times played....no sort by every way one can think of...just unusable for 12000 games...but ive used it alot and do at times....

mine has all the power of xbmc though so it plays movies music all that stuff....and no the Consoles in CoinOPS is the step to inserting it into my dash properly I allready know of alot of issues as ive done this for along time I hope they thought about things not all emus work the same infact nearly all of them that arnt xport ones work diff...

it has dvd2xbox built in...ftp built in...smb built in....... and when trailed it wasnt as successful as CoinOPS so I left the public build as it was....but it will be the final merge...

Anyways best of luck im sure it will be great...also I wont ever think inserting the cores is a waste of time...for me they are all consistant now with exiting etc before they where 3-4 diff ways and the hd isnt automatic on any of that stuff for me that alone will sux. So for me its been well worth it and its what I did day one to every core to make it work simply for me....but best of luck im not concerned and I hope its is fantastic......I still have little faith its what the majority of people will want but im sure it will be great for the madmab people.....I just cant live with the inconsistances of a commandline launcher only approach and the people I know cant as well...but hey I hope your right

but basically im happy with my vision and you are missing what I want....with this...if this was what I wanted then ive allready got this running it was just adding auotmatic shortcut generator to xbmc and remember where we are on a list...from versin 2.1 of xbmc as its smooth bug free and fast and I have this...but this approch when tested on my friends wasnt what they wanted so was selved till all the cores where seemless to the users then it will go forward...so anyways if this is your project it differs on the fundimentals of why ive done this and doesnt even touch on the issues ive seen with real world people that just want to play and dont care about all the techy stuff....if I aimed for this market CoinOPS would be totally diff and so would the core inserts than the way it runs now