Street Fighter X Tekken

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inky makes solid points. I think potentially more strong than the fact that your changing the characters to fit the respective game, is the fact that not everyone can buy both. I have Super SF IV, I didnt buy The first installment. I of course bought Tekken on release. I am better at Tekken than SF... Inky is right, Id get Namco's version. Id like to get both but like he says... thats $120+

But still, basically each version is going to have perverted versions of the opposite team. I dont think it'll be disastrous, but they do have their work cut out for them. This isnt as "simple" as mixing two things. I try to come up with analogies. (Im using similar things for easy idealogy. Trust me... I had some interesting thoughts. Robot and Cow / Banana and Monkey.) An apple and an orange. NO... when coming up with versions for the merge, I kept thinking of ways to combine one to the other but that was changing both. It would be more like when you add one fruit to the other, the prime fruit grows in size... but doesnt really get the benefit of the other fruit. Perhaps on the slightest level. Maybe taste alittle different.

It will be interesting... but now I see it this way, its not as exciting.

I have awaited a crossup like this forever but I have my doubts its not going to be a success because of the downfalls both series have gone through the past couple releases. I love tekken with all my heart but I have not had that love since tekken tag tournament was released. I somewhat felt that love again after playing Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection but T6 just totally killed it for me.

Same thing goes with sf, I was a huge fan of 3s (3rd strike) and a3 (Alpha 3) and I even liked Cvs2 (Capcom vs Snk2) even though I couldn't play that game for the life of me. I bought sf4 and eh, it was ok but it didnt have that same feel. Same thing goes for ssf4, I bought it, played awhile and now I dont pop it in the system anymore.

If I was to buy either one of these two titles, it would most likely be on the Namco side.

Weeell I dunno about you guys but i'll be playing both. :D I, too, have been waiting for a crossover like this for years and to see it come to fruition is more than I could imagine. Deriving fun from the fact alone that these characters are coming together in a game is enough for me.

In my opinion the 2 franchises are incompatible. (3d and 2d, "realistic" and Projectile, ect.) the reason CvS works so well is because they are so similar. character wise and even down to input style. 1/4 circles and charges. any SF player can figure out the basics of a SNK character within a round. And vice versa. Tekken's input style is completely different. the fighting style is completely different. just throwing characters into a new engine they weren't designed for is just asking for trouble.

SF characters have about 18 normals and 2~4 specials. Tekken characters have what... 40+ normals? and 4~8 throws.

^THIS

Man it's about fucking time someone agreed with what I've been thinking ever since I saw that damn trailer. But no, echoman and many others knew this was the wet dream they been dying for. It was one of my dream game but at the time, I was too young and did not disregard the compatibility of each game and the core elements of both franchise. I stress this enough when I talked to my friends and I'll say it again.. you can't mix chicken(Tekken) with SSF4 engine, IT JUST DON'T WORK LIKE THAT. Sure, Namco x Capcom isn't a fightng game, but that worked sort of like Cross Edge and other crossover RPG games. Now here's what's been bothering me, both games are nothing alike. That's my statement and I stand by it. They are completely different fighting games; different design, controls scheme, core gameplay, music, etc.

Now how can anyone accept the fact that a game like Chicken, each char donning a moveset of 50-90 can possibly be nailed down to a limited of 6 or more? I just can't see that works. More of the fact that Chicken has always been synonymous with it's footsies into juggle games and the series has escalated with extended combos; OTG juggles, wall combos, stage collapse juggles. Let's not forget the series after T4 has always encourage you to learn juggles and the series continue to improvise on better juggles for ridiculous damage. You take a simple fighting game like Street Fighter in collaborating with a game like Chicken which is to many true fighting gamers knew the complications/complexity of mastering the game; hard learning curve for matchups, timing execution, etc is no comparison whatsoever. So now, I suppose to buy into the fact that experimenting street fighter characters which to me is a joke.

And.. what's this? a tag helper system? Rival school anyone? Really. I'm sick of these new capcom games. These experiments one after the other has been a flop for me ever since Vanilla SF4 was out. Ono is an idiot if he thinks this is what he should be working on for the next 2 years and ignore the fact that he has mentioned of a new Darkstalkers/Vampire Saviour sequel. This idea of putting two different games in is completely out of proportional and I'm just gonna be shaking my fucking head throughout this developement process.

Thanks a lot Crapcom!

p.s can someone link me to the Mahvelnoku vs capcom.. err I mean Marvel vs. Capcom 3 thread? I've been boycotting the game for a long while, I might want to get some hate off my chest.

p.s.s @echoman, you're an idiot.

In my opinion the 2 franchises are incompatible. (3d and 2d, "realistic" and Projectile, ect.) the reason CvS works so well is because they are so similar. character wise and even down to input style. 1/4 circles and charges. any SF player can figure out the basics of a SNK character within a round. And vice versa. Tekken's input style is completely different. the fighting style is completely different. just throwing characters into a new engine they weren't designed for is just asking for trouble.

SF characters have about 18 normals and 2~4 specials. Tekken characters have what... 40+ normals? and 4~8 throws.

^THIS

Man it's about fucking time someone agreed with what I've been thinking ever since I saw that damn trailer. But no, echoman and many others knew this was the wet dream they been dying for. It was one of my dream game but at the time, I was too young and did not disregard the compatibility of each game and the core elements of both franchise. I stress this enough when I talked to my friends and I'll say it again.. you can't mix chicken(Tekken) with SSF4 engine, IT JUST DON'T WORK LIKE THAT. Sure, Namco x Capcom isn't a fightng game, but that worked sort of like Cross Edge and other crossover RPG games. Now here's what's been bothering me, both games are nothing alike. That's my statement and I stand by it. They are completely different fighting games; different design, controls scheme, core gameplay, music, etc.

Now how can anyone accept the fact that a game like Chicken, each char donning a moveset of 50-90 can possibly be nailed down to a limited of 6 or more? I just can't see that works. More of the fact that Chicken has always been synonymous with it's footsies into juggle games and the series has escalated with extended combos; OTG juggles, wall combos, stage collapse juggles. Let's not forget the series after T4 has always encourage you to learn juggles and the series continue to improvise on better juggles for ridiculous damage. You take a simple fighting game like Street Fighter in collaborating with a game like Chicken which is to many true fighting gamers knew the complications/complexity of mastering the game; hard learning curve for matchups, timing execution, etc is no comparison whatsoever. So now, I suppose to buy into the fact that experimenting street fighter characters which to me is a joke.

And.. what's this? a tag helper system? Rival school anyone? Really. I'm sick of these new capcom games. These experiments one after the other has been a flop for me ever since Vanilla SF4 was out. Ono is an idiot if he thinks this is what he should be working on for the next 2 years and ignore the fact that he has mentioned of a new Darkstalkers/Vampire Saviour sequel. This idea of putting two different games in is completely out of proportional and I'm just gonna be shaking my fucking head throughout this developement process.

Thanks a lot Crapcom!

p.s can someone link me to the Mahvelnoku vs capcom.. err I mean Marvel vs. Capcom 3 thread? I've been boycotting the game for a long while, I might want to get some hate off my chest.

p.s.s @echoman, you're an idiot.

Picked and chose what I read but as I always tell you boo!!!

Have a little life in you man, if the game sucks it sucks. Let us in our fantasy world dream and ponder how great this is going to be without you spoiling the party. Yes realistically this is combining two totally different games with two totally different styles but c'mon I need something to be excited about.

Sheesh fighting games are almost dead to me, I would like to relive some of my days when I was hyped over one.

P.S. Mag your an ass

I find it interesting that some of you are heated over the fact that this is happening. And if not heated then genuinely perturbed by it. I mean was there this much concern when Square decided to dive into the world of Disney?

Square-Enix is one thing but I wasn't much of a huge Squaresoft/Final Fantasy series fan. Sure I played and beat almost half the series but Marvel, Street Fighter, and Tekken (T1-TTT) is what define my childhood, those are the games I take in pride of and when Crapcom decides to do stupid shit to the series I loved, I just get mad salty and my loyalty begin slipping away which you see me rant like this. Don't get me wrong, this generation of Capcom games is what ruins it for me. Capcom has been my favorite company since the day I touch Street Fighter 2, same goes with Namco with Tekken 1, but when I look back, everything Capcom been doing was great. We get great releases but now they try to seem to cater us, well the newer generation of players but somehow misses me because I knew for the fact the series has been redefined but in a more stupid way. Just like how we went from a complicated, fun game like Street Fighter 3 to a more shortcut friendly, simple, scrub mashing piece of work like Street Fighter 4.

Problem is who would make the game? You might think Capcom naturally because of MvC but DC has no incentive to follow that trend.