Street Fighter X Tekken

ok here's a nugget for you. lifted from joystiq.com

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/07/26/street-f...ng-to-producer/

Street Fighter IV producer Yoshinori Ono expects Street Fighter X Tekken to be released in two years, with the Capcom-developed fighter debuting first in the proposed two-game deal. Speaking to Famitsu

since the Mayans are going to kill us all in 2012 we'll never see Jin get raped by a flowchart Ken.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea... so about these real fighting games? Whatdya call it??? Tekken vs SF and SF vs Tekken? I wanna know more about them! Not some speculation about some game that doesnt and shouldnt exist. I mean... Who wants to talk about a sub-par game mixed in with real fighters?

Talking about versitic and I? Yes, we were discussing Mortal Kombat, you've made it obvious for the second time that you dislike the franchise, you could have simply ignored our conversation like I was going to do yours.

Yea... so about these real fighting games? Whatdya call it??? Tekken vs SF and SF vs Tekken? I wanna know more about them! Not some speculation about some game that doesnt and shouldnt exist. I mean... Who wants to talk about a sub-par game mixed in with real fighters?

Talking about versitic and I? Yes, we were discussing Mortal Kombat, you've made it obvious for the second time that you dislike the franchise, you could have simply ignored our conversation like I was going to do yours.

No, I was talking about everyone who even mentioned MK, who was everyone in this thread. Im not trying to be an ass, I am feeling quirky and somewhat confrontational this past week. Failed attempts to be funny I suppose.

I actually agree with you. Your talking about the violence that is the staple of MK. Mortal Kombat is its own thing. If one was to incorporate MK into SF it would fundamentally change what mortal Kombat is. You are correct. It would be Street Fighter characters that have Mortal Kombat looks and moves. But in this respect Tekken and SF are very polar.... That isnt the true Kazuya, where as in the Tekken game, it wouldnt be the true Ryu.

But again, you seem to have focused on the violence factor, which is understandable and accurate.

I liked the MK vs Killer Instinct Idea though... I hadnt thought of that.

No, I was talking about everyone who even mentioned MK, who was everyone in this thread. Im not trying to be an ass, I am feeling quirky and somewhat confrontational this past week. Failed attempts to be funny I suppose.

I actually agree with you. Your talking about the violence that is the staple of MK. Mortal Kombat is its own thing. If one was to incorporate MK into SF it would fundamentally change what mortal Kombat is. You are correct. It would be Street Fighter characters that have Mortal Kombat looks and moves. But in this respect Tekken and SF are very polar.... That isnt the true Kazuya, where as in the Tekken game, it wouldnt be the true Ryu.

But again, you seem to have focused on the violence factor, which is understandable and accurate.

I liked the MK vs Killer Instinct Idea though... I hadnt thought of that.

Mortal Kombat is probably the worst fighting game amongst all others, but I like it because I grew up playing it, Street Fighter came second, however the sound effects for Mortal Kombat and the atmosphere, especially for Mortal Kombat II had me hooked, it was a fighting game like no other.

I don't like the idea because I like Tekken much more than Street Fighter, and to see two fighting games come together that aren't even in the same generation, bothers me. All the nostalgic respect I had for Tekken went down the drain when I heard about this.

I kinda wish it was Jin instead of Kazuya being paired. But it'll be cool to see all the incarnations of Tekken guys in SF4 style. Steve Fox, Bryan Fury, Paul Phoenix, Eddy Gordo/Christie. Lol are they gonna include Marshall Law and we have two Bruce Lee clones? Def. looking forward to Sergei, Hwoarang, Feng Wei, Raven and Asuka.

They'll even have their own fat guy vs Rufus lol.

I kinda feel like it should be Craig vs Sagat, just because of the size similarity. I hope Ganryu isn't in it though as he just a clone of Honda, though that will leave for not enough large grappler characters on Tekken side.

Lol Devi, and ppl thought I was being picky with my MK rants. :D

Lol Devi, and ppl thought I was being picky with my MK rants. :D

What you talkin' bout?

That's the problem, see, Fei Long isn't a worthy Bruce Lee homage character, Marshall is. This is the first step in ruining Tekken's history. >_>

^This.