CoinOPS Console Games ?

pookie75

Is there really any point to including the console games?

Sure i thought it would be nice to have them all in one emu, but upon trying it out it just equates to a poorer experience when compared to playing them on xports emus. Theres no save states, no way to change control layouts etc and for me it all seems to messy from a visual point, like too many different names for the same thing eg. Super Nintendo, SuperNES (SNES), Home, Hand, Handheld, Console etc.

I dont mean to sound picky and coinops is the best arcade emu by far, but i fail to see what coinops adds to the console experience.

I have to agree, I love the new CoinOPs showcase but really don't see why you would add all of

these console games to an emulator called COIN...OPS. Emphasis on COIN.

Plus there is no way to easily sort through all these games. I do realize the that there is Console

and Arcade categories but it's just not organized the way it should be.

But, changing up the GUI could change my mind perhaps but for now I'm erasing all the console

games to avoid clutter and confusion for guests.

On a better note, thank you BP for tweaking the crap out of this emulator and please dont go off

on me and the guy above, seems like you can get alittle squirrelly on some people for making

comments on your shit.

Cheers,

Nex

Most requested things by the team is all console games in....so im going with it ;)

As said 1000 times ill never make split lists its caused me the most issues ive ever had with people not knowing where the games where and that was tested on 1000s of people (number one issue the gen public had what feck is NeoGeo I just want to play something that looks like a good shooter)....how do they know what neogeo is or CPS1 or even what is on NES over SNES....one list will be all I ever do and has been told 100 times....

Enjoy and best of luck

I would have looked at the techo issues if the vote happened but its wasnt going to happen properly so for now I just want to support people that want to play...they have no idea what Z26x is what it does or what it plays...so I have to go with what ive seen with my eyes...I know people on forums want millions of things to clutter and think people that dont know what Z26x is are newbes but to me they are common people and love to play...so these are my crowd and allways have been...the techo people have tried to stop this philosphy like Microsoft have tried to stop apple and Sony have tried to stop Nintendo but now they are paying for supporting techs as common people well out number them...I saw this coming years ago for HK$ and also for each of those companies...best of luck believing this isnt true but I think ill gamble that its the way forward....Peace all

any the way forward for me is a one stop shop its what my GF and me want and also alot of Cab users that boot to CoinOPS only would like to add there arcady Console games...and there are so many that just boot to CoinOPS

Id recommend you you guys that Arcade stuff is pretty much over....enjoy CoinOPS as the way forward for me isnt Arcade games....anyways this isnt a bash really this is a message that for you CoinOPS has probably come to the end of the road for Arcade only people :) enjoy and lock down your build and play...

I gotta disagree, I think the CoinOPS with console games are ideal in my opinion...

Dont get me wrong, I love the xport stuff with the all Xtra's commercials and everything I think they are brilliant. All the covers it looks great and it has some serious depth and perfect for the super hardcore gamers like us on the forums, but for the casual gamer (a lot of my friends and family) its just to much and over the top they dont care about configs, covers, commercials etc, they just want to play the games Coinops allows that.

Coinops Showroom is perfect because they aint gotta mess about with configs its already done for them.

Its perfect for an arcade cabinet or the pick up and play type of gamer but also appeals to the hardcore bunch too...

good to see im out of here now....the other threads will formalise a new process soon...I think you will want to be involved with this ace from what I heard anyways ill be availble to PM soon...ill just define some guide lines and ways around some of my issues..... This thread is closed for me ;) hope it has some info and answered anything it should have

OK Im gone from all these threads now...best of luck ive decribed how I work now...how you work is up to you.....

Vision Of CoinOPS

To produce a simple launcher....thats plays all your favorite games and can be picked up by anyone and used in my Mum or a 5 year old first time user....

Process to do CoinOPS stuff

- For Help or to report Issues PM me....ill report back to you via PM and I may reply in the offical thread in this forum only

- For anyone that wants to join the team PM me....the features and things are added need to be duscused via MSN...and ill block anyone that trolling

- For info from a user point of view to what is happening come to the Main CoinOPS thread and view the latest stuff (Note this is locked due to trolls but ill be on PM for sure the link to the thread is http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31894 and find the latest posts)

- No other threads will be answered by me or discussed regarding CoinOPS

Reson for New Process

- Trolls giving misdirection and making proper support problematic

- People with no knowledge of coding or the project giving misinformation about the product

- People with no knowledge of coding or the project giving misinformation about me

- People with no knowledge of coding or the project giving misinformation about other projects

- A general want by some to do what ever it takes to disrupt the project

- I dont wish to work with these people, personalities aside, I truely have seen there stuff and dont believe in there abilities or vision

- I need a more reliable process to help people that truely require help

- I need a more robust way of discussing features

- Many times ive given the people the time to help you and it fails so time and time again ive seen the users let down

- A general low qaulity of support across all forums to truely help the users

- A lot of misinformation about how hard or easy a feature is to put in on all project. Most of the time its just asking the correct person the correct way as he has to spend the time to make it happen

Feature Discussion

Normally people think I disagree with features...its normally that I disagree with the way they are placed in...they need to be automatic as possible and seemless to the user...if the effect on the user is greater than the feature it wont be added. Also people must realise that 95percent of the time I must code this so you must meet my requirement so I will spend my time to add this stuff

Whats Best For You

- If you just love and use CoinOPS keep an eye on the offical thread title and posts they will keep you informed of a release.

- If you want to particate lightly just PM

- If you want to help and be part of the project PM and set up an MSN link

My Promises

I promise to keep moving ahead nearly on a daily basis if you want to be part of it I recommend you follow the Process it will work. Cheers everyone

I think it would be awesome to re-do the GUI - and by hitting left or right you can switch b/w consoles, and maybe you could have one screen just be every rom on the xbox hdd. It would be really cool to be able to switch b/w the consoles - and also have all of the xtras stuff incorporated.

Just a thought. Keep up the good work.

QUESTION I think it would be awesome to re-do the GUI - and by hitting left or right you can switch b/w consoles

ANSWER you can jump left right between consoles just lock it to sort by consoles :D then fast jump will jump between them using left/right

feature already in but customised to allow diff sorting and left/right switching tastes

Is there really any point to including the console games?

Sure i thought it would be nice to have them all in one emu, but upon trying it out it just equates to a poorer experience when compared to playing them on xports emus. Theres no save states, no way to change control layouts etc and for me it all seems to messy from a visual point, like too many different names for the same thing eg. Super Nintendo, SuperNES (SNES), Home, Hand, Handheld, Console etc.

I dont mean to sound picky and coinops is the best arcade emu by far, but i fail to see what coinops adds to the console experience.

i know what you mean, i prefer to use Xport/Madmab emus for my setup too.

for me, coinops (as mentioned above by nextel) means coin-operated arcade games, not console games.

if coinops continues down the path of being a multi format launcher, a name change is definetly needed (imho).

nice ! keep ging with the good stuff.