CoinOPS ShowROOM X and NAS

Cosmonaut

So with the latest release of CoinOPS, I've been working on getting the ROMs & Videos to stream from my NAS. I've been able to get most of the ROMs to stream.

However, I've ran into some ROMs that do not stream. So far, I've found that these fail to load with the following error.

ROM Error: No Data Found

Press "A" to exit

Power Drift (Sega)

Galaxy Force 2 (Sega)

Street Fighter Alpha 3 (Capcom)

Snow Bros 3 (Other)

Are there some cores that do not support network streaming? The only thing I can think of why some work and others do not from same network path.

Also, using the same network path to the videos, I don't get the Video Preview. Only a static image. I presume that's being pulled from the 'screenshots' folder.

Any idea why streaming the Video Preview wouldn't work? Does it get it's path from anywhere other than the MAMEoX.ini in TDATA?

All I have are factory hard drive sized boxes, so would like to get all the streaming working. Any help appreciated.

follow the help procedure defined ;) or else rely on others to help with easy stuff .... its a cry feast for me as the others that seem to pipe in and say BP knows nothing at all, when I leave it to them...they give you no help at all or incorrect help....best of luck with you asking them to help you....its sad cause after all the talk your left with newbes to help....I hope im wrong about that but im betting im not

So with the latest release of CoinOPS, I've been working on getting the ROMs & Videos to stream from my NAS. I've been able to get most of the ROMs to stream.

However, I've ran into some ROMs that do not stream. So far, I've found that these fail to load with the following error.

ROM Error: No Data Found

Press "A" to exit

Power Drift (Sega)

Galaxy Force 2 (Sega)

Street Fighter Alpha 3 (Capcom)

Snow Bros 3 (Other)

Are there some cores that do not support network streaming? The only thing I can think of why some work and others do not from same network path.

Also, using the same network path to the videos, I don't get the Video Preview. Only a static image. I presume that's being pulled from the 'screenshots' folder.

Any idea why streaming the Video Preview wouldn't work? Does it get it's path from anywhere other than the MAMEoX.ini in TDATA?

All I have are factory hard drive sized boxes, so would like to get all the streaming working. Any help appreciated.

It seems some of these games are related to Final Burn Alpha, an emu developed by another coder: Nes6502. And originally, the emu doesn't support network share.

The guy above has only linked his frontend with this emu to launch the games. That's the reason he is not answering to you: It's not his code. It's only a rip-off. Same thing for CPS3 games, not his code either.

So maybe one day he'll be able to really understand the original code sources instead of tweaking them and then he will be able to improve them. Who knows one day... Some have seen chicken fly too...

Please note again guys, that he still doesn't give credit to the original author. Hard to become a legend, eh ?

Edited by waal

;) You're welcome, sensei. We're here to help you, your dedicated press officers. Because we know how it can sometimes be tough for you to express yourself.:) Edited by waal

OK Im gone from all these threads now...best of luck ive decribed how I work now...how you work is up to you.....

also if you think I cant do SMB stuff look up xbmc [GeminiServer] you will see I helped with alot more than you think xbox to xbox ftp gui etc wise....long live J Marshal

also I see you PMed I will offer some advice to you soon...its all pretty easy stuff

Vision Of CoinOPS

To produce a simple launcher....thats plays all your favorite games and can be picked up by anyone and used in my Mum or a 5 year old first time user....

Process to do CoinOPS stuff

- For Help or to report Issues PM me....ill report back to you via PM and I may reply in the offical thread in this forum only

- For anyone that wants to join the team PM me....the features and things are added need to be duscused via MSN...and ill block anyone that trolling

- For info from a user point of view to what is happening come to the Main CoinOPS thread and view the latest stuff (Note this is locked due to trolls but ill be on PM for sure the link to the thread is http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31894 and find the latest posts)

- No other threads will be answered by me or discussed regarding CoinOPS

Reson for New Process

- Trolls giving misdirection and making proper support problematic

- People with no knowledge of coding or the project giving misinformation about the product

- People with no knowledge of coding or the project giving misinformation about me

- People with no knowledge of coding or the project giving misinformation about other projects

- A general want by some to do what ever it takes to disrupt the project

- I dont wish to work with these people, personalities aside, I truely have seen there stuff and dont believe in there abilities or vision

- I need a more reliable process to help people that truely require help

- I need a more robust way of discussing features

- Many times ive given the people the time to help you and it fails so time and time again ive seen the users let down

- A general low qaulity of support across all forums to truely help the users

- A lot of misinformation about how hard or easy a feature is to put in on all project. Most of the time its just asking the correct person the correct way as he has to spend the time to make it happen

Feature Discussion

Normally people think I disagree with features...its normally that I disagree with the way they are placed in...they need to be automatic as possible and seemless to the user...if the effect on the user is greater than the feature it wont be added. Also people must realise that 95percent of the time I must code this so you must meet my requirement so I will spend my time to add this stuff

Whats Best For You

- If you just love and use CoinOPS keep an eye on the offical thread title and posts they will keep you informed of a release.

- If you want to particate lightly just PM

- If you want to help and be part of the project PM and set up an MSN link

My Promises

I promise to keep moving ahead nearly on a daily basis if you want to be part of it I recommend you follow the Process it will work. Cheers everyone

Just in case anyone else uses network streaming and are having this issue. Here's what BP helped me with.

Go into Advanced and 'Disable' the Final Burn CPS2 Core. This will take care of the 'ROM Error: No Data Found' on Capcom & Fighting games.

The following 13 roms will not stream and need to moved to xbox. CoinOPS\roms\

abcop

cotton

gforce2

gloc

hsf2

kf10thep

pdrift

rchase

smgp

snowbro3

strkfgtr

thndrbld

toutrun2

The following 5 roms need to be renamed to lowercase: (Hint: this will actually benefit everyone as these don't scan at all until renamed, so you get 5 more games)

Hellfire

Ninjakun

Pushmans

Vastar

Whizz

Console roms (GBA_, SNES_, MDRIVE_) don't stream. Ignore them or move to xbox. CoinOPS\roms\

Rescan your games and you'll get 1215 working (- consoles)

Thanks for the assistance BP. Now get to work on full SMB support across all cores. :(

Oh yea, and SMB video preview.

all good...smb support for consoles / fb will be pretty easy as stated to a few people now its hard to get a vib of what people want without the vote...but good to see the messages and new way works well...create threads of stuff you want I wont answer except via pm or msn....if I see it get supports ill spend the time and get it in....

• 1 year later...

How exactly do you get your roms to stream off your NAS?

I tried updating the CoinOps Advanced Settings to set the MORE GAMES path to smb://workgroup/machine_name/path/roms, but it didn't scan them.

Edited by jm3784