I just tried onlive

I never did get to try it due to needing a wired connection.

I will say the PC games all looked beautiful. They really are running at 60 FPS 1280X1040 resolution. But the lag, holy shit the lag makes it unplayable (and not by much either, pisses me off).

Maybe house's with a faster connection (I'm running the minimum 5MBPS) will get a sweet deal (I hear Super High Speed internet is the new fad).

• 3 weeks later...

played a few games in trial mode today. and I really didn't notice any lag at all. Played Batman AA, Borderlands and FEAR2. I don't know how it will go with multi-player right now. but for single player on a crap PC it was like I was playing on a good rig.

The Mouse seemed jumpy and oversensitive in Borderlands but I don't know if that is normal for that game and I didn't try to adjust the sensitivity.

I wouldn't give up my XBL and physical media but as a rental system for PC exclusives I will keep it around.

(I'm running the minimum 5MBPS)

WTF is that?! Its no surprise you experience lag... Its you obviously. Um... U working yet? Well... up here I have 25/25 Mbps through Verison. I think our area has Fiber optics because perhaps, they layed alot for the military base near here... and decided to take advantage of it. Thank GAWD tho... 15 mbps was killing my Tekken matches. My connection is so good now, my friend in Orlando says our matches run smoother than friends than live in his local area. Im 772 miles away to boot. I can play Inky at whatever perfectly too. Id try to see how it goes in Malaysia... BUT L.S.D. is a traitor... lol

It runs us around $75 a month. Yes thats alot... but split it up and its nothing. I recommend getting the Uberest connection possible when you get roommates. Its a staple methinks.

my connection is not super. averaging between 10 and 20mb down and never more then 1mb up. I just played Trine and it was just as if it was installed locally.

I'm sure performance has a lot to do with distance to the server. I doubt they have a server here in my town. Prolly 75 miles away in Riverside.

anyways color me impressed. there isn't anything available on the service that isn't available on XBox or PS3 as of right now so it's unneeded for me. If they would throw some PC exclusives that required more horsepower then I have here I'd be a paying customer.

Yea I'm working, and fiber optics is only $10 more than what we're paying Comcast for right now.

Only problem is, it's not in my area ;).

That SUX. Ya know, one day the internet will be so upgraded... it'll be like it was in Xenogears. It wont even be called the "internet". Think Parallel dimension that handles information.

Grim you do realize 70% of NA is still on dialup right? Very high speed connections like that are only available in larger urban areas.

Could I get something that fast? Maybe for a few HUNDRED dollars a month, I'm in a suburban area to boot.

Europeans laugh at us, they've had 100mbit+ connections for years at a fraction of the price we pay for 5mbit~ connections. We get the shaft in the west, and put up with it.

My 8mbit/512kbit connection runs me $50/month and it has a 60GB cap. Moving to another provider in December, as my cell phone contract is also with current provider till then.

I can't be bothered trying this out, I have almost 70 360 games and my PC can still run anything out right now.