CoinOPS Reignite X + Showroom LOAD bugs

Zeuss

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now testing on over 100 xboxs with 1000s of releases and a few have reported this...but on over 100 xbox that I can access no ones having this fault...with out the data I requested I cant go further....

ill look into it when I have the data....moving on at present till the datas availble as said

reports of working builds dont count sorry...I need real data to move forward as stated from people who have the issue....im sorry this sounds harsh but at present I have to move on this is holding things up and no one I know with 100s of builds is having this issue...ive only heard of people running multiple builds etc having this issue when tdata/udata was nuked this issue went away...that is only what ive heard

Hi Zeuss,

I think a video would help. Please take the time to post it. I believe something else is at work here if you literally have a 60 second black screen. If you're using an IDE HD it could be one of the following:

1. The entire HD has become extremely fragmented

2. The E directory is fragmented and needs to be reformated

3. The HD itself is failing

4. There isn't enough free space on your 80 gig HD. (AKA, only a few megs left) << I would check this out first

5. Check your VMM settings in CoinOps. Set them to 'auto' if they aren't already

Sorry PhilExile, but your line of trouble shooting is firing the wrong direction, ive stated 3 times that mameDOX loads the same rom fast, and RX loads it slow - therefore couldn't be a fraged drive.

Ive typed this 3 times in capitals and will do it again, experienced trouble shooters should be able to see this means the hardware is ok if the sofware is the only variable between a fast load and a slow load.

DOX=Fast RX=Slow, again: THE ONLY VARIABLE IN MY TESTS WAS THE EMULATOR

you see, if my hard ware was slow/faulty it would show in both emus not just one.

I know a failing HDD when i smell one. .. and this is NOT it. :)

ive made a vid, will up to youtube, but it just shows exactly as described below.

so to your questions

1. see above

2. see above + all other apps/emus are fine

3. see above + all other apps/emus are fine + 10gig free

5. see above + see first post when i stated a fresh install ie: settings at default

do other cores load fast? as it could be the xtra size in xbe....as its 3 times the size now as mameox as it supports 12,000 to 13,000 games now in stead of 4,000. Theres some other things it could be....id need a proper forum to test and fix this as none of the 20 xboxs ive added it to does this....

so questions

1) do you have ShowROOM LITE?

2) if you do how long does street fighter alpha 3 take to boot...and how long does snowbro 3 take to boot

3) when you exit a game how long does it take

4) when you go shutdown how long does it take to shut down...from the start menu

5) have you deleted x y z cashe? as they may be full

PS for everyones info as if you want to delete the save in advanced settings is Rest Everything ... this will delete all saves etc....

OK heres the exact synopsis:

Just to be exact all my previous post related to Reignite X (as stated)

Since lost post ive downloaded, FRESH installed Showroom LITE and encounted IT TOO has the "SRP" (Slow Rom Prob) - saves typing :)

1.) So from now on i will give results of Showroom LITE as thats what everyone else is testing with Sno Bros 3

2.)

0:00 CoinOPs Game select screen - Press button

2:01 CoinOPs Game select screen - turns to black screen

3:45 Black screen - turns to rom decompressing screen (progress bar)

4:02 Rom loaded ready to play

3.) 0.04

4.) 1.52

5.)

SF3A = same resaults just add 2 secs to total

X,Y,Z Drives were CLEARED

Udata/Tdata babexxxx were CLEARED

Hope this helps

Edited by Zeuss

ummmm there will be no progress bar in snowbro3 :) please retest this is incorrect

also save all your tdata/udata to pc and delete it all....then load it and rebuild it....and check....

copy your tdata/udata back after the test.... this will check its not another version of mameox or mamedox conficting

ummmm there will be no progress bar in snowbro3 :) please retest this is incorrect

also save all your tdata/udata to pc and delete it all....then load it and rebuild it....and check....

copy your tdata/udata back after the test.... this will check its not another version of mameox or mamedox conficting

sorry, my bad , swap snobro3 for snoros2 - after reading thread i went to emu and only had snobros2 in there.

Hers is the video of snobros2 loadin (aboutr 4min mark you see progress bar)

Im running, T/Udata test you suggested now (just waiting for FTP to finish) and will post results in a few mins...

Edited by Zeuss

OK, Ive done the same rom load with deleted T/Udata folders and can confirm

snobros2 loads in 1:45!!!!

Yay!!!!

We know you have a data folder conflicting problem now.

Hopefully you can identify the offending folders and update your install guides

(i dont think advising everyone to delete ALL saves is a good idea, its a work-around not a fix)

After using unleashX to FTP and then delete the folders the news one wirtten in both T&Udata after fresh run of Showroom LITE were:

0face008

babeeeee

fefefefe

Good luck

Edited by Zeuss

PS all version can have this bug from Arcades...so mamedox and mamedox platium would be fine.....but when it went to Arcades they could all have this issue.....it effects very few and I know the area its in .... it will require removing one of the old saves and this has come up due to large Download numbers I guess and it maybe even bigger with the new release...ill post the solution and it will effect very few...

Please dont listen to being a version I know what is incorrect and always have done...I just need to tweak it a bit to remove this once in 1000 people bug....

Trust me as you can see my first option was correct its not a stab in the dark

• 2 weeks later...

TO FIX THIS BUG OF SPEED DELETE E://TDATA//4d414d45, E://UDATA//4d414d45, E://TDATA//4d414d46, E://UDATA//4d414d46

it has a conflict with orig Mameox and Mamedox if you do this your slow boot rom issue will go away....this has been there since forever.... remove all old versions of the saves and all the CoinOPS X stuff will work sweet as

why everyones reporting this now....is due to several issues with the resolution X not being setup correctly and a huge amount of people stepping over to CoinOPS X LITE there are people reporting this issue elsewhere and saying they have the full etc but they dont...they will do very soon....anyways im expecting massive amount of interest in the full and alot of misiformation as people move forward...... I hope you dont listen to them and come to people that know.... not others who say they will help but clearly have no idea...I left this issue for a few months to see if they had any clue but they have no clue at all ....this has been there since forever.... remove all old versions of the saves and all the CoinOPS X stuff will work sweet as

Going back once the fault is there will not fix the fault unless the conficting saves are removed....and sata drives although alot slower are not the main cause of this issue although I wouldnt recommend cause they are slow like the org 8 gig drives the 10gig org drives wherent so bad

PS some HDD do run a bit slower but this version will boot games only 5 percent slower than Mameox.... it will take longer to Scan the games on first boot as it has gone from 4000 games to 13000 games....and they have to be scanned it....good luck