CoinOPS Reignite X + Showroom LOAD bugs

Zeuss

History will prove you an ass

:D

Also, BP is right, this type of petty bickering is killing this forum. Things are and will continue to happen behind the scenes and definitely off of this forum. Just an FYI, BP isn't bullshitting anyone regarding that.

Excellent.

That's exactly what I was waiting for: just get the f*** out and keep maintaining your lame patchwork between you, band of morons.

To re-establish the truth, and regular readers of this forum know that since many months and others can read the archives, many people lost interest because of Bold Paranoid's stupidities.

I could list all the great people, some were actual coders and releasers, that left during this year for whom the reasons were many but the origin was always unique. And the sum of these people far exceeds in quality your little gang of ass-lickers.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Zeuss,

I think a video would help. Please take the time to post it. I believe something else is at work here if you literally have a 60 second black screen. If you're using an IDE HD it could be one of the following:

1. The entire HD has become extremely fragmented

2. The E directory is fragmented and needs to be reformated

3. The HD itself is failing

4. There isn't enough free space on your 80 gig HD. (AKA, only a few megs left) << I would check this out first

5. Check your VMM settings in CoinOps. Set them to 'auto' if they aren't already

The reason I'm saying this is because even when I had issues with CoinOps launching games slowly on my SATA, it never took THAT long.

Good luck

Zeuss,

Can you upload a video of the loading problem you are experiencing? That would help.

Im runnin a custom Maxtor 80GB IDE 2MBcache, but HDD not the problem,

DOX=Fast RX=Slow, again: THE ONLY VARIABLE IN MY TESTS WAS THE EMULATOR

PhilExile, thanks for the ON TOPIC reply -

( No, im not up Mount Olympus -just working and a different timezone, i understand your trepidation seeing my recent join but ive browsed these forums before and understand that you need to be cautious, i assure you im just wanting some help. TO Everyone else that is trying to be a smart arse- please fuck off to another thread. I've browsed these forums before and know what you are trolling about- and im NOT interested. This is NOT an invitation to reply - thanks )

Now, back O/T....

I can make a vid but it will be over 60sec of blank screen. My first post describes what happens, i will get some more details taking note of my actions, screens, and time it takes for each change and post back soon.

Just tested loading roms from the same place using the GBA and Genisis xport engines and loads normal (fast), So my trouble-shooting seems to rule out hardware.

Can someone please list the U/T DATA folders that Dox/CoinOPs has used through out the years so i can make sure all are clean, thanks.

The only U/T DATA folders I'm sure of are the CoinOps/Arcades (whatever BP worked on). His save folders were mostly babexxxx folders (where x = numerals).

I'm not sure if deleting them is going to help though, its something that plagues lots of CoinOps releases and isn't really a settings thing. This seems to be the big complaint right now so lets see what BP comes up with as a solution. As annoying as it is I only play a couple key games and when I do they're for long stretches so this bug hasn't really bothered me too much. As long as the game starts sooner or later I'm good.

do other cores load fast? as it could be the xtra size in xbe....as its 3 times the size now as mameox as it supports 12,000 to 13,000 games now in stead of 4,000. Theres some other things it could be....id need a proper forum to test and fix this as none of the 20 xboxs ive added it to does this....

so questions

1) do you have ShowROOM LITE?

2) if you do how long does street fighter alpha 3 take to boot...and how long does snowbro 3 take to boot

3) when you exit a game how long does it take

4) when you go shutdown how long does it take to shut down...from the start menu

5) have you deleted x y z cashe? as they may be full

PS for everyones info as if you want to delete the save in advanced settings is Rest Everything ... this will delete all saves etc....

do other cores load fast? as it could be the xtra size in xbe....as its 3 times the size now as mameox as it supports 12,000 to 13,000 games now in stead of 4,000. Theres some other things it could be....id need a proper forum to test and fix this as none of the 20 xboxs ive added it to does this....

so questions

2) if you do how long does street fighter alpha 3 take to boot...and how long does snowbro 3 take to boot

4) when you go shutdown how long does it take to shut down...from the start menu

PS for everyones info as if you want to delete the save in advanced settings is Rest Everything ... this will delete all saves etc....

Thought I'd try this aswell, for other's to compare.

Using CoinOPS Reignite X (yes I got it :D ):

Street Fighter Alpha 3

10-12 seconds to load / 5-6 seconds to exit back to gameslist menu.

Snow Bros 3

8-9 seconds to load / 5-6 seconds to exit back

5 - 7 seconds to shutdown coinOPS

Note: Using a 200GB IDE drive.

Edited by Bigby

and bigby downloaded my LITE version lol otherwise he would have found a big bug in RX one :D also if you used the straight X version the results wouldnt havew been what they where so at least I know bigby uses the latest version of my stuff which is wise, but anyways I want someone that has the issue to do this....pretty please just to see if its the same...as the other games

PS no offense to anyone but good times dont help me out as I have 20 versions I can test good times...I only need tests done by people experiencing this issue....sorry but if I can get one lot of these questions done I can probably narrow this down and nail the soltion...

PS the lite version seems to have many many downloads now so alot must have it...and it contiues to climb...but the real ShowROOM is now really close...just going to tidy the last things.... maybe ill sort this issue and add it to readme....

OK guys PM me the test results if you get one as I see you gone Zeul.....hopefully you can get me some tests sometime... im gone from this thread now good luck PM and ill get this issue sorted for you..maybe though MSN

also PS to waa people left cause of me lol FACTS :: for years now my threads have been the largest by a long way on this site...im staff and ive developed by far the most downloaded xbox emu on any site I look at these days....I know you guys cant get over these facts and still think you can stop it and maybe dont even think they are true....even though its about the most obvious things on these sites these days....why do you always jump on others threads??? ...so waal history has already long left you behind. ....you have cryed in others threads for years and none of your own threads get any attention. I know its so easy to jump into others and think your getting listened to...alot easier than actually getting anyone to read your own threads...we all know why this is and we all know that you only comment here to make yourself think you are being listened to...try your own thread and experiece the facts first hand... who knows you may actually prove me wrong..good luck and best wishes to you waal....

Since I first started seeing reports of this loading delay for some people, I was worried that it was a SATA adapter-related problem, but then I saw that some were experiencing it with IDE drives as well...and on another forum, someone with the problem is also just using their stock 8GB HDD, so there goes that theory :/

so questions

I have 2 boxes and also have this slow ROM load anomaly. Here's my results, both on a factory hdd.

box 1

1) Yes

2) street fighter alpha 3 = 2:47 / snowbro 3 = 2:42

3) 2 sec

4) 2:37

5) Yes

box 2

1) Yes

2) street fighter alpha 3 = 3:32 / snowbro 3 = 3:27

3) 2 sec

4) 3:21

5) Yes

For consistency, times were taken with the Stopwatch @ http://www.online-stopwatch.com/large-stopwatch/

this result looks alot closer to mine...i know some hdd are 2 times slower than others....but its allways in the few seconds...ive not heard from anyone with real issues stuff as yet so im moving on...

best guess is its the saves....nothing to do with hdd (notice I never asked for any hdd info in my questions) this is just best guess though

im in the final day or so to lockdown ShowROOM Full.... nothing stands in its way now so you have about 30 hours or so to make any alterations if not there is plans to move ahead even further after this release