The China Opportunity

well there has to be some kind of dialog between the boss and Grim. I'm sure the guy is just busy. but he can't expect people to pick up and go half way across the world with out at least knowing what the job entails and requires.

on the other hand I'm sure he doesn't have the time or patience to answer every small question.

and again on the other hand (three hands?!) Grim, you're unemployed and waiting on gamestop... GAMESTOP?! 16 year old kids are in there making 6 bucks an hour and getting 24 hours a week. . it's no place for a grown man.

This could be your turning point. don't miss the boat waiting on questions that Ryan can answer just because you want to hear from the boss.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I submitted the questions to Ryan as well. I just spoke with my dad and he is being more objective than my mom. But he is weary too. He mention Bill Clinton just had dealing with the Chinese government to have two reporters released. They apparently reported on N koreans fleeing to S Korea through China or somesuch and they were imprisoned. With something like that I need to research certain aspects.

They were given 1 bowl of rice a day with rocks in it.

It is things like this that give me cause for concern. This is not a vacation to England or Scotland... This is a completely different society, with foreign rules. I would not do anything to compromise their way of life... but things like this make me cautious.

Of course there is not much these fellas can give me in terms of releasing my apprehension, but I would feel more comfortable with a solid idea of what is involved, what is required... and of course, the legality of this operation. Im not suggesting this is an illegal operation... I just want to make sure the Government wants me there, ya dig?

I understand they are busy, this job demands much time. I dont fault the boss for not getting to me quickly but I have my terms.

Yea Gamestop... I was interested in that because I hate working bullshit jobs. At the very least Id be doing something I like. Talking about games. I will do what I need to do to make a living. If this opportunity doesnt work out I will start at a crawl at Gamestop to at least keep funds coming in. My next step would be to put myself through school. There are many possibilities in way of career, I just need to probe the aspects.

>I want to be an artist

perhaps eventually a creative consultant on various projects, :games/ movies/ Anything concerning Star Trek Lore lol

>I want to make games

This is still a hard one, EA bought a ton of companies then shut them down cause the market is suffering... there are alot of game makers unemployed. I would intend to have my own company one day, I would represent the next step in gaming. That is not accurate. I would embody a philosophy that is missing in the industry. MOST games do not hold to my Idealism. Most games are rubbish or could have been better but just let it pass. I know this is a business... but the market is flooded with trash. Reminds me of the differences in 3D movies. Look at Avitar. No real 3D gimmicks. It was done tastefully. Every other 3D flick has shit in your face and so on. Gimmicks and flash are a major part in creating hype among the largest possible consumer base. Im tired of it. Yea I know shit takes money and there are share holders and bla bla bla. It makes me angry. It reminds me of our world. Shit is wrong but with so much bullshit going on, with so much BS, where, how do make corrections?

I dont have the answers. But I have a base idealism that holds true. Id love to have a hand in games that are priceless gems. I want to share who I am. But this has always been a dream of mine. But I guess there is no time like the present... right?

>Id like to help people.

I was thinking of being a physical or therapist. I was considering being a massage therapist but I dont think that would go well. Id hate putting my hands on damages disgusting broken vile ass skin. LOL doesnt sound like its for me. But physical therapists have a demanding curriculum. And it could take well over 5 years before I am ready.

My problem... is I am unfocused. There is so much I want to do. But with this opportunity... Id excel with no schooling prior. Id learn along the way and research and make myself a better instructor as I go. This is an opportunity of great possibilities. I know I would be awesome at this. I want to do this. Perhaps I even need this. But all in all I need to be informed. I must be realistic about this. All my life I have skated by. I have done great damage in terms of what others may consider a life. I am not disappointed as I am not a automaton. I remain somewhat separate from this world. I have not conformed. I am indeed an individual. Different. I am a character. I am grateful I remain myself and I know that I can make a difference no matter what I do.

This is a great chance to see the world, and to do something worthwhile. but I do not want to haphazardly jump into the deep. I have a pattern of acting rashly and Id hate to pay the price.

I will mull over this and await the replies.

are you sure he even got the email? could be sitting in his spam folder. I don't know how many times I've opened my spam folder only to see a bunch of 2 month old emails I should have gotten.

resend with a read receipt. at least then you'll know he opened it.

Haha Grim too many questions mate - big step for you pal.

Sometimes an adventure is exactly what it sounds like - you take a leap and rock and fucking roll bro.

Most of what Ryan has said seems good and on the money he aint one to give out crappy info fella.

Ive known him since i was 2.

It seems to me that you show up - settle in - do some work - get paid - get happy- and get the poontang.

Aint that what life's about?

Im sure you can handle the job.

Well thanks for the vote of confidence. I know I can do well.

The fact that my questions have gone unanswered agitates me though. With the situation as it is, its not too much to ask for some answers in a timely manner. One can not expect me to just show up in China with knowledge Im supposed to teach... only. I require more information.

I want this.

If you understood how busy we have been you'd understand. Besides we won't need you till next term after this summer. So it's not as imperative as you may think. I am very busy right now moving and helping promote our new school, we've been away for the past few days and did not have internet access. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Haha Grim too many questions mate - big step for you pal.

Sometimes an adventure is exactly what it sounds like - you take a leap and rock and fucking roll bro.

Most of what Ryan has said seems good and on the money he aint one to give out crappy info fella.

Ive known him since i was 2.

It seems to me that you show up - settle in - do some work - get paid - get happy- and get the poontang.

Aint that what life's about?

Im sure you can handle the job.

Well thanks for the vote of confidence. I know I can do well.

The fact that my questions have gone unanswered agitates me though. With the situation as it is, its not too much to ask for some answers in a timely manner. One can not expect me to just show up in China with knowledge Im supposed to teach... only. I require more information.

I want this.

If you understood how busy we have been you'd understand. Besides we won't need you till next term after this summer. So it's not as imperative as you may think. I am very busy right now moving and helping promote our new school, we've been away for the past few days and did not have internet access. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

:) Sorry guys to add humour to this.

i think grim just wants to know when he has to go out to you guys ryan.

Gryph, you are thinking of going too?

I'm studying to be a physician, I can't really pick up and leave whenever I feel like it. ;)

Once you finished, you can always go and work in China. or India. places with more cases of sickness will help you gain more experience :)