Anime Summer 2010 List

Diso

• 1 month later...

There's already thousands of Anime that I haven't seen, thousands of American Films I haven't seen, and people act like I'm the bane of existence because I haven't seen all of this stuff.

Quitting Anime.

Once you watch an Anime someone recommends, someone else says, "Have you seen this movie / anime?".

My reply: "No"

Their reply: "Are you serious? You're a failure".

Well played.

There's already thousands of Anime that I haven't seen, thousands of American Films I haven't seen, and people act like I'm the bane of existence because I haven't seen all of this stuff.

Quitting Anime.

Once you watch an Anime someone recommends, someone else says, "Have you seen this movie / anime?".

My reply: "No"

Their reply: "Are you serious? You're a failure".

Well played.

As I was telling Aki the other day, I still haven't seen Pulp fiction, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Casablanca, etcetcetc. Still haven't played Half life 2.

I'll get to it eventually and idc.

I don't personally think that I NEED to see such films / anime / anything that are popular in America, it's just another fashion of being a conformist who can't think for him / herself.

THat totally sounds like something Uriyu would say, lol,

I can't tell you how much time of my life that I've wasted trying to watch some stuff that someone else recommends, not to mention I waste enough time everyday as it is.

I watched Cowboy Bebop, all of it, I forced myself to, and I didn't understand why it was so good. It's an annoying process, to watch all of this unappealing stuff just because everyone else deems it so. The same can be said for any other televsion show / anime / film, that everyone loved, that I forced myself to watch.

Silly^^

Im always open to recommendations,(well from cyber friends, sadly anime is my little secret to most of my real friends) and if 1st seems hopeless.. like K-ON(which everyone loves for some reason) then i give up there, but most of the time each anime gets the 3 episode rule if the first eps just seemed, slow.

OMG I was like wtf is K-On gettin all this hype about! It seemed like a show just to promote school-girl moe, which doesnt really rock my world enough for me to watch the series.

Its entertainment! You kill the point of it if you're not entertained.

Except for reviewers... and I mean reviewers who get paid to review.

That makes sense.

I'm just less inclined to watch something someone recommended to me, than if I were to recommend something to myself, as if, I found something on my own and found it interesting.

I see watching something someone else recommended a chore, because it's not something that I particularly wanted to do, its like watching it because it's a direct order, I have no other reason to watch Full Metal Alchemist, (which I found bore-some from too much incessant pointless dialogue), other than, 60% of anime watchers in America rated this anime a #30 out of 9,000 different animes. Nothing about the anime attracts me to it in particular, so on my own I would never watch such a thing.

Basically my point is, if I didn't choose to watch it on my own whim, I'm watching it on the simple fact of someone else telling me to watch it, (and I do, so when they ask me again I can say, "Yes, I saw that").