Your E3 highlights?

emsley

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think Microsoft and SOny lack innovation since they're now jumpin into motion control or do you think it's just the future of gaming?

NOt sure to if i should label them copiers(and trust me, i dont like the wii) or just wondering if this was all coincidence, now some will argue it was Sony's idea first due the Eye toy fpr the ps2, but really?....REallY?

It's not about lacking innovation. It's about where the money is and if their marketing is leaning towards motion-sensory gaming then thats what they're going to do. It's how companies compete and drive the market for us consumers. And sure, whoever thought of it first, or in truth whoever pulled it off BETTER first, more power to them but thats only as relevant to what'll replace it. Nintendo had better hope to do more than just rely on the 3DS because the nunchuk wielding days seem to be over for a console that doesn't even provide HD.

Well the market is suffering from a lack of innovation. Its flooded with games that are... I wish I could say substandard, but with so many shitty games, lackluster games are the norm. As for the motion control, I wouldnt say it was a lack of creativity. They must keep afloat with trends or suffer a horrible loss on the market.

Nintendo is doing well, as usual, as their 3DS is coming and 3D is the next step on the path. I believe our next generation consoles will be 3D capable... Just better 3D technology still has a way to come. Once the monitors that dont require glasses are here...

This motion control is bullshit of course. See who its marketed for? See that stupid animal thing for Xbox? Its not for me. I dont see any good games utilizing this technology, especially with its latency. Remember when they said you can steer an imaginary steering wheel? With latency... it would be garbage. To hell with anything that lacks precision.

Anyway, Id say their just following the trends to keep their share of the market. Id not describe it as a lack of innovation, as the market in its entirety is lacking. Floods of games that are dull or just plain garbage. Even alot of the decent games are crap!

In my experience, motion controls in games make the games harder than they should be, because motion controls lack precision. Also, with action games, you always don't have the time to suddenly start fiddling with some game mechanic that requires quick and accurate use of motion controls. With the PS3 and the SIXAXIS, there are only a handful of games that implement motion controls properly. So far, anyway.

Flower being one, and small bits in F.E.A.R. 2 and Killzone 2. Heavenly Sword on the other hand is one of those games that is chock full of motion control stuff, but fortunately, you can turn off the more annoying features. The worst kind of games are the ones that offer no option to turn these features off.

Motion control is dumb, I refuse to think that it's something amazing. It is unnecessary, a controller suffices just well, this is why this year's E3 was mostly unappealing.

If I could play the Nintendo Wii with a controller for every game I've played and beaten for it, I would.

In my experience, motion controls in games make the games harder than they should be, because motion controls lack precision. Also, with action games, you always don't have the time to suddenly start fiddling with some game mechanic that requires quick and accurate use of motion controls. With the PS3 and the SIXAXIS, there are only a handful of games that implement motion controls properly. So far, anyway.

Flower being one, and small bits in F.E.A.R. 2 and Killzone 2. Heavenly Sword on the other had is one of those games that chock full of motion control stuff, but fortunately, you can turn off the more annoying features. The worst kind of games are the ones that offer no option to turn these features off.

What was that one game, Warhammer was it? I always wanted to try that.

Well motion controls are one thing. Im sure its tremendously hard to make a game use it well and have it operate intuitively... You can always add more components... but what of a camera that reads your movements. There is a delay, no doubt about it. Say a racing game and your going ~175 MPH and you need to hit the brake then release then make a precision maneuver to take a turn or angle the fastest you can without loosing it... how can you do this with a delay??? Its so gimmicky... but then again so is 3D entertainment.

Id love to see the day where something is filmed in awesome 3D but there are no cheap gimmicks. I was most impressed with Avatar when it was just a pan of floating islands. Had so much depth but there was no bullshit in your face.

It reminds me ... Just because you have the ability to do something doesnt mean you should abuse it. But isnt that how marketing goes. Dumb people are drawn to flash. MORE FLYING SWORDS! I will watch this new RE movie but I am prepared for gimmick overload. Its a shame when good ideas are ruined for marketing reasons. We need real revolutionists, not gimmick manufacturers.

Its nice to see that I agree with some developers and it gives hope to the motion control franchise for at least the kinect.

BTW the tag is wrong , this is an interview regarding Kinect, not PS3 Move.

In my opinion, most gamers I know see motion control as gimmicky. We usually have fun with it for a playthrough or so, but then everyone stops using it (IE, you go play mario kart/brawl with friends and everyone is using gamecube controllers) The wii does do motion control pretty well though (Super mario galaxy 1/2) in the fact that you do small movements so the delay doesn't hurt you as badly. Dunno though. I still haven't seen any motion controlled game that I rather play over a non motion controlled one. Only exceptions are rail/light gun shooters. House of the dead/Time crisis on my TV? Sign me up.