Driver Detective

I'm having trouble with Driver Detective. I need to get some stuff done driver wise, but Driver Detective is not allowing me to do so unless I purchase the software. That's the problem, I'm not paying for it.

I've downloaded three different cracks with many different registration keys and none of them work. I'm looking for a absolutely free software that will do exactly what Driver Detective does, no trial versions, no bullshit, free, fully working driver updating software.

To be honest, I wouldn't rely on any utilities like that. It's easy to find out what hardware is in your computer and locate the appropriate drivers on the vendor's website. Driver utilities can misidentify hardware and fail to properly install hardware-enabling applications that go with the driver.

• 1 month later...
Driver Detective software is designed to quickly locate the latest drivers for your specific computer system with its intuitive interface and access to an extensive database. Driver Detective saves the frustration and a lot of time investment usually associated with updating drivers.

This is correct, but in no way has this helped me.