is this the next MK

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stories dont make sense...

That's the problem, I could forgive the crappy new background(barely) but if the story replacing is even more dumber, sigh.

Why does being born with defects push you to wanan eat heads?

You suck as a doctor, so u just start killing pple and implanting blades on you? THen y are you fighting like Tarzan?

OH and the evil Scorpion is now the protagonist? Hopefully not...

ANd you can relate back to the previous posts on the possible nonsense that may be developed with the stories of the other characters.

Majority of the cool attacks are in fact supernatural moves, so they just made it much harder for themselves and they my fail becuz of the extra load they put on the writers. WE coulda just build upon the little MK(which isnt THAT LITTLE, i mean plz guys..) if you know your full MK history, up until MK3 they had enough story to build a movie on. Did you fall in love with the teleporting, skeleton flaming, spear coming out of his friggin hand, deep voiced iconic phrase, monster? Or..... the blind assassin(not sure if he's blind)?

Not flaming but just throwing my gripes.

Sigh....I may still watch too-_-..

Stories dont make sense...

Majority of the cool attacks are in fact supernatural moves, so they just made it much harder for themselves and they my fail becuz of the extra load they put on the writers. WE coulda just build upon the little MK(which isnt THAT LITTLE, i mean plz guys..) if you know your full MK history, up until MK3 they had enough story to build a movie on. Did you fall in love with the teleporting, skeleton flaming, spear coming out of his friggin hand, deep voiced iconic phrase, monster? Or..... the blind assassin(not sure if he's blind)?

Not flaming but just throwing my gripes.

I agree with this. I think its more enjoyable to see the game's atmosphere put into the movie so of course we should see teleporting, fireballs, freezing. When they try to put the game elements and portray them as realistic, it usually ends up pretty bad. Example of this would be Street fighter: Legend of Chun Li. I mean, the scene where they made her do her spinning bird kick almost prompted me to stopped watching just because of how bad the scene itself was, and they wanted to incorporate her moves into the movie.

To be honest, I couldn't really tell realism in the martial arts if they incorporated it into the next mortal kombat. Personally, I would just want to see the fatalities and stuff which is the most likely reason imo people play this game, which is to brutalize/humiliate their opponent after a fight.

But hey, if we're going for realism, if someone can perform Guile's upside-down in mid air kick for me, that'll be great. :P