is this the next MK

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol I think you're expecting a bit much. I for one aren't interested in the strictly video-game related history because the series itself has gone downhill since what... MK3? And there have been how many titles since then? How are they gonna develop a decent plotline from that mess? Its a fighting game, the character backgrounds are hardly in-depth... even Street Fighter characters hardly have any character development plot-wise. At least the action-to-acting ratio is pretty high, they've got some real martial artists playing the roles so far, although Scorpian is unconfirmed...

*Shrug* I think its a nice reboot if anything.

Unrelated story? Ruined character backgrounds? Any resemblance to the actual franchise is purely coincidental? Yup, sounds legit to me. And no, I'm not sarcastic - sadly that's the way video games based movies are made nowdays...

That. At least it won't be as bad as the upcoming King of Fighter movie.

These attempts at pugilist hollywood flicks ought to be reserved for Hongkong studios.

MK3 film is going to be a reboot. Ed Boon confirmed months ago that MK9 game will also be a reboot to the franchise.

Lastly, those actors in the Rebirth short are B-Listers, not just any B-listers, but GOOD b-listers. JERI RYAN!

the chick playing sonya said in an interview somewhere. (i think i read it on joystiq) that it is just a test to try and get funding.

Should be funded imo. The unfortunate truth is you can't make modern-day martial arts films that involves characters like this and expect it to be A-list because getting the right actors who can also perform the fight scenes so well are few and far between.

Now, if this was a fan-made joke, it was awesome... like Street Fighter Legacy...

NO! Whether this was fna made or not I would not want to see it.

Now if StreetFighter legacy became a real movie, based of da trailer, i would go see it!

Also just wann forward these quotes:

"What's next? Will Raiden simply be a former weatherman gone mad, who straps a beefed-up taser on his back and "lightnings" his opponents to death? Seriously"

------------

"In the name of realism, will Sub-Zero be using Mr. Freeze-type equipment or will he just throw ice cubes?"

------------

"The entire thing looks tacky, and the grounded approach makes the suspension of disbelief much more difficult. By giving "reasons" behind the characters, more questions are asked instead.

How does a person see with eyes that developed "inside out"? How does the only person who manages to survive a massive birth-defect go on to not only be a serial killer, but one with a penchant for eating heads? I can grant the insanity and blade grafting, but what part of the surgeon's psychosis makes him hop about like a wild animal? And how can a human surgeon decapitate anyone with forearm grafted blades? The blades would need to be reinforced or supported all the way up his arm. Or he would need superhuman strength.

Like the real Baraka."

--------------

Um thats about it, I'm gonna go and watch da first 2, man.... Why is everybody so horny for realism in super hero/videogame movies!?!?!?!?