Alternative ways to play Midway games on xbox

fumanchu

thought i would make this topic to help some people who are always requesting or having problems with the midway games on xbox mame.

mortal kombat

mortal kombat 2

mortal kombat 3

Ultimate MK3

rampage world tour

narc

primal rage

fist of all.

MK1 and 2 and narc can be played on mamex-b6 for xbox but not mk3.

mk3 and ultimate mk3 can be played on mameox 0.72 they can be a little jittery sometimes but they are still playable.you can also play mk1 and 2 and narc on mameox 0.72 but i would suggest using mamex-b6 for these games as in my opinion i think they play smoother.

also rampage world tour plays ok on mameox 0.72 as well.

other alternatives.

there were some discs released called midway greatest treasures which had the above games apart from ultimate mk3.

a while back someone ripped mk1,2and3 from these discs and made them playable via a menu system.also last year primal rage,narc and rampage world tour were ripped from these discs as well.

they have their own default.xbes so you can launch them from your dash.

if you want to play the ultimate mortal kombat game then i would suggest playing the ps1 version of mortal kombat trilogy as it has all the characters and a hell of a lot more.plays great on pcsxbox.

you can also play rampage world tour on surreall 64xxx(n54 version) or pcsxbox(ps1 version),both arcade perfect ports.also the sequel rampage world tour 2 which was a console exclusive plays great on surreall 64xx as well.

EDIT/primal rage was ripped from the midway discs and plays great on xbox,all the midway games on these discs are the actual arcade games emulated so no shoddy ports.

dont bother with the console ports of primal rage as they were pi$h.

a while back someone ripped mk1,2and3 from these discs and made them playable via a menu system.also last year primal rage,narc and rampage world tour were ripped from these discs as well.

they have their own default.xbes so you can launch them from your dash.

sounds nice, can someone help me with it :)

adding b6 core at present as it also plays nba jam

i forgot about nba jam,also mameox 0.72 plays nba jam TE pretty well but the ps1 port is pretty much arcade perfect so i just use that on pcsxbox.