reset XBMC to default

ace9094

hey guys,

anyone know how to reset the xbmc to default?

icon for "back" missing (its like a black arrow) and i messed up the video options

I am using the Project Mayhem III skin, every skin i pick is the sme :kramer:

thanks guys...

Edited by ace9094

Just tried the thumb sticks, fixed the video issue i had so thanks for that, but the back icon is still missing,

I noticed the program plugins icon is also missing :kramer: the back icon is like a black arrow 3/4 turning...

Just noticed any folder i create has no default icon... i have to browse to a thumbnail if that helps.

i tried removing and re-adding the skin

Edited by ace9094

You may just have to do a fresh install. Make sure you back up your userdata folder then delete it all and reinstall. Before you copy your userdata folder back over make sure everything is good. Then copy the userdata folder back and if something is wrong you know that's the problem. It could be just that rev of XMBC that's the problem.

its a softmod, it was done by a friend on 1emu and was fine when he sent it... It might be summat I have installed or something.

I aint gonna mess with it and reinstall it incase I make it worse.... (knowing me there is a good chance of that happening lol)

Maybe I can update it or something

Thanks everyone

Edited by ace9094

its a softmod, it was done by a friend on 1emu and was fine when he sent it... It might be summat I have installed or something.

I aint gonna mess with it and reinstall it incase I make it worse.... (knowing me there is a good chance of that happening lol)

Thanks everyone

lol, no worries mate.

Just use xbmc filemanager to load this file on the xbox:

e/ndts/default.xbe

this will load a version of the unleash dashboard that will have access to your "shadow C" drive and also ftp access for your pc.

Now download the latest STABLE version of XBMC from t3ch (google.) Once downloaded, unzip and rename the XBMC folder to XBMC1 (this is also the name of the folder your dashboard is in on the xbox)

be careful for this bit here or next time you switch off and on it will be broken!

Whatever you do don't turn off your xbox until you have copied the xbmc folder into the right place and it is in a folder named XBMC1 otherwise on the next reboot the bios will look for a dashboard in a location where there isn't one! - crash and loading of stripped evox dash would then ensue and you would have to try again!

Now FTP to the xbox from your pc while it is running the unleashx dash. On your PC goto E/apps/XBMC1 and delete the folder, now copy the XBMC1 folder from your PC to the E/apps folder on the xbox.

Hey presto, you just replaced your dashboard! next time you reboot it will be fine :blink:

Edited by sbpaabck

Thanks everyone

lol, no worries mate.

Just use xbmc filemanager to load this file on the xbox:

e/ndts/default.xbe

this will load a version of the unleash dashboard that will have access to your "shadow C" drive and also ftp access for your pc.

Now download the latest STABLE version of XBMC from t3ch (google.) Once downloaded, unzip and rename the XBMC folder to XBMC1 (this is also the name of the folder your dashboard is in on the xbox)

be careful for this bit here or next time you switch off and on it will be broken!

Now FTP to the xbox from your pc while it is running the unleashx dash. On your PC goto E/apps/XBMC1 and delete the folder, now copy the XBMC1 folder from your PC to the E/apps folder on the xbox.

Hey presto, you just replaced your dashboard! next time you reboot it will be fine :blink:

LEGEND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks mate :blink: