TESTING - Trusty 1.4Ghz | 128 RAM

PhilExile

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This played fairly well. It started up kinda choppy, however, after about a few seconds it stabilized and ran at a good frame rate. However, I noticed when the scene "got busy" it got a bit choppy again. For instance, in the scene when the man walks into the building and a lot of characters are walking around it slows up for a second or two. This also happens when he enters the woman's red office. Maybe the color shift caused it here?

All in all, it ran OK, not great. I do have a 2.5 inch hd being run through a SATA converter, so you may want to ask someone else to double check on their 1.4 box with a standard IDE HD.

sure, point me to a file and ill try it

http://rapidshare.com/files/367501282/the....labs.sample.mkv

Xbmc should read it. Thanks in advance :D

This played fairly well. It started up kinda choppy, however, after about a few seconds it stabilized and ran at a good frame rate. However, I noticed when the scene "got busy" it got a bit choppy again. For instance, in the scene when the man walks into the building and a lot of characters are walking around it slows up for a second or two. This also happens when he enters the woman's red office. Maybe the color shift caused it here?

All in all, it ran OK, not great. I do have a 2.5 inch hd being run through a SATA converter, so you may want to ask someone else to double check on their 1.4 box with a standard IDE HD.

sure, point me to a file and ill try it

http://rapidshare.com/files/367501282/the....labs.sample.mkv

Xbmc should read it. Thanks in advance :)

Thanks a lot ! Impressive result, in a pc the minimal requirements for similar files are a P4 class cpu running at 2 Ghz and more.

Oh, I forgot to test those, I'll try now. What is your average FPS on a stock XBOX?

Also, could you tell me what settings to use for Tony Hawk 1? I can get it up and running, but on the first levels a lot of textures are missing. AKA, the rams look white.

Edited by PhilExile

Oh, I forgot to test those, I'll try now. What is your average FPS on a stock XBOX?

Also, could you tell me what settings to use for Tony Hawk 1? I can get it up and running, but on the first levels a lot of textures are missing. AKA, the rams look white.

yea sorry bout that bro. use 1.4 core for correct textures. as far as avg fps go its about 23-30 with normal settings. the same for thps 2 which also uses 1.4 core. sorry bout that dude. :) and thanks for testing this out for me!

No problem. Thanks for the info, there are a lot of settings on this emulator.

OK, so this one was pretty interesting. I tried out different video modes and got different results:

720P: Mostly 59-60FPS, however there would be slowdown occasionally to 50FPS and one the first level, when you hit the puddle on the left side of the play area, it drops to about 44 FPS and music gets choppy. I think this is because its an 'effect' in that the pool is reflecting textures. Oddly, the fence texture seems to make the FPS drop and music get choppy a bit.

1080i: About the same average framerate as with 720P, but more occasional slowdown and music stuttering.

480P: Pretty rock solid 59-60FPS, with little to no occasional slowdown. When you hit the puddle, frames drop to about 53-54 and music stutters a bit.

I didn't check Tony 2. Maybe tomorrow. My guess is the results will be either the same or worse since its the same game engine. :)

Overall, I think a lot of these issues are with the emulator optimization since it seems to choke when the effects show up. That said, I'm not a coder so that may be all utter bullshit.

Anything else?

I got a very helpful list from RX regarding games that run out of memory in CoinOps on a stock XBOX. I will be testing this list (below) this week and let you all know my findings. :)

Ace Driver

Ace Driver Victory Lap

Air Combat 22

Alpine Racer

Astra SuperStars

Batman Forever

Battle Arena Toshinden 2

Beastorizer

Bloody Roar 2

Brave Blade

Cool Boarders Arcade Jam

Cotton 2

Cotton Boomerang

Cyber Commando

Cyber Cycles

Dancing Eyes

Dead or Alive

Dragon World 3

Ehrgeiz

Fighters Impact

Fighting Layer

Funky Head Boxers

G-Darius

Gals Panic II

Gaiapolis

Golgo 13

Hanagumi Taisen Columns

Heaven's Gate

Hidden Catch

Joryuu Syougi Kyoushitsu

Kosodate Quiz My Angel 3

Land Breaker

Lord of Gun

Magical Date EX

Maru-Chan de Goo

Monster Maulers

Mr Driller

Namco Classics Collection Vol 2

Paca Paca Passion

Plasma Sword

Prop Cycle

Psychic Force

Radiant Silvergun

Rave Racer

Ray Storm

Revolution X

Rival Schools

Sando-R

Sea Bass Fishing

Sengeki Striker

Senkyu

Snow Board Championship

Sonic Wings Limited

Speed Up

Star Gladiator

Star Sweep

Street Fighter EX

Street Fighter EX 2

Street Figthter EX 2 Plus

Street Fighter EX Plus

Strider 2

Suikoenbu

Surf Planet

T-MEK

Tech Romancer

Tekken

Tekken 2 Ver.B

Tekken 3

Time Crisis

Title Fight

Tondemo Crisis

Touki Denshou

Virtua Fighter Kids

Virtua Racing

Xevious 3DG

I'm also going to test out CHD games, but probably not till next week. These are:

Area 51

Area 51MX

Beatmania (ver JA-:)

beatmania 2nd MIX (ver JA-:(

beatmania 4th MIX (ver JA-A)

beatmania 5th MIX (ver JA-A)

beatmania complete MIX (ver JA-;)

beatmania CORE REMIX (ver JA-A)

beatmania f. Dreams Come True (ver JA-A)

BioFreaks

California Speed

CarnEvil

Crypt Killer

hiphopmania Complete MIX II (ver uA-A)

Hyperdrive

Judge Dredd

Killer Instinct

Killer Instinct 2

Mace The Dark Age

Maximum Force

NFL Blitz

NFL Blitz 2000

NFL Blitz '99

Primal Rage 2

San Francisco Rush

San Francisco Rush: The Rock

Vapor TRX

Viscious Circle

War Gods

Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey

If anyone has anything else for me to test, please post! BP, are there any problematic ROMs not listed here?

Also, I was playing Elevator Action Returns last night and I noticed it plays perfect at 60 FPS. I'm pretty sure this one had a bad frame rate on a stock XBOX. Can anyone confirm this for me?

Thanks!

Wonder who has Asperger syndrome on this forum....

Anyway, back to testing. Please post if you have something useful to contribute.

just so you know regasrding the ps1 arcade hardware games like ridge racer series and tekken series,they might still not be great as the driver might need updated.so it might not just be your xbox,it could be software relasted.that is if you get a lot of slowdown that is.

also you might want to try virtua fighter as well.

dont waste your time tring the sega saturn based arcade games namely these.

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=711

driver needs updated on those ones.