Recommended free anti virus?

I got A free one year Kaspersky license from my ISP, and it's about to expire. Since my ass is not tight enough to actually pay for an anti virus, I was wondering what free software you guys recommend? I used Avast before I got my free Kaspersky, but I know the AV market is very fluid so something that was good a year ago isn't necessarily good now...

Get Avast 5. It now shines the most in how extensive it resident protection is, as well as feature-wise.

Set it to cache items during quick scans too (this reduces the time needed for the next scans and resident protection by maintaining a list of safe files known to be in a currently safe state, like with Norton 2009-2010's Insight whitelist).

AVG dropped balls big time since the old v8 days. Don't walk away from it, run.

Edited by Hard Core Rikki

Avast! all the way. I'm still on version 4.whatever coz I can't be bothered uninstalling and re-registering to upgrade to 5.

• 1 month later...

As per my review best antivirus is the Bit defender antivirus. It is especially good at malware detection and offers better antispam, parental controls, and privacy protection than most suites.BitDefender Antivirus protects you and your PC from a number of online threats, including viruses, spyware, phishing scams, and more.BitDefender has a well-designed interface.