Xbox USB Leads

I just won 2x USB leads for xbox, does this mean I can use a keyboard and maybe even a mouse?

I used to play a game on Amstrad CPC-464, Gremlins... it was a game where you had to type... like "walk to fire" and "pick up sword"

What can I use em for other than modding....

I should of checked before i bought em lol, they were £2 for 2

Any idea's or tips for what i can use them for are welcomed :( lol

I use some home made adapters for keyboard and mouse using XDSL (Damn Small Linux for Xbox).

Also use them for flash drives for transfering stuff if i can't be bothered to boot my full network.

Never tried using keyboard\Mouse in emulators myself. Dont know which emu's support this either.

PS. Go for a cheap keyboard\mouse. Any smart features macro keys etc won't work.

Just the basic keyboard layout works ie letters numbers symbols etc.

I actually use an optical mouse and it's bang on.

Im guessing if you paid in real money (£'s) your British, go to Wilko's and get a £6-8 keyboard and pay about the same for a mouse.

Edited by cba.gy

I use a small device that is called Xbox redeemer.

It connects to a Xbox controller port and offers 2 PS2 and 2 USB connections + it has a "key2joy" function.

Standard is uses the PC WASD to control the first joystick and the mouse controls for the 2nd joystick.

It makes it possible to use mouse and keys in ANY game or app.

I cost me 10 Euro new, but you see them on eBay too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/XBOX-Redeemer-PS-2-USB...d-/200460797685

• 6 months later...

I just remove 1 controller port and replace with a usb socket, its handy for plugging in a flash drive to transfer data or watching a movie off. I add one of these to all my modded xbox's.

IMG_5307.JPG

I just remove 1 controller port and replace with a usb socket, its handy for plugging in a flash drive to transfer data or watching a movie off. I add one of these to all my modded xbox's.

IMG_5307.JPG

wow, looks sweet, do you have a guide for doing that like the slim xbox?

IMG_5307.JPG

Yes i do :P

USB mod

Thats pretty cool!

will xbmc automatically detect the flash drive or is more tinkering involved to make that work?

XBMC detects it as soon as its plugged in and it will show in every list of sources (videos/music/programs etc ), there is a limit of 4gig though but otherwise its very useful .

IMG_5307.JPG

Yes i do :)

USB mod

AMAZING !..... dude your work is awesome ! Very very impressed indeed !

I think ill give that ago !