My 1.4ghz 128mb trusty board

Neo369

Well, I'm just patching them just in case. I have all my files backed up on my computer. Those are unaltered.

Does anyone know what the patch does exactly? It runs very quickly, so I assume it either adds or subtracts a small amount of code. Also, who made it?

Hello,

I tried with both patching and not. There doesn't seem to be any difference at least in the ones I've tried so far, X68k, CoinOps, FBL.

I would definitely keep the patch handy just in case.

Thanks for the quick response dude. I just wanted to make sure there weren't downsides to the patch. I'm pretty much making a patched set of emulators and leaving my unpatched ones alone.

Since you've tried both ways, which one are you leaving on the xbox hard drive, the patched or unpatched ones?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm just patching them just in case. I have all my files backed up on my computer. Those are unaltered.

Does anyone know what the patch does exactly? It runs very quickly, so I assume it either adds or subtracts a small amount of code. Also, who made it?

Hello,

I tried with both patching and not. There doesn't seem to be any difference at least in the ones I've tried so far, X68k, CoinOps, FBL.

Thanks for the quick response dude. I just wanted to make sure there weren't downsides to the patch. I'm pretty much making a patched set of emulators and leaving my unpatched ones alone.

Since you've tried both ways, which one are you leaving on the xbox hard drive, the patched or unpatched ones?

I have no idea what the patch does but "pkbunghole" from xbox-scene is who made it.

Hello,

i have been trying to figure out what the patch does as well, but have no idea. whatever it is, its brilliant lol. its just a simple hex editor as far as i can tell. seems like from the small amount of data being edited that it is only changing some flag in the xbe, but i dont know of any that relate to clock speed or cpu at all. also, for the backups, i just use the backups the program itself creates (default.xbe.bak or something) and keep them all on my xbox. if you want to quickly switch, just rename your files. anyway, a user on these forums called ac3t1ne claims he made it. i pm'd him a while back, but he hasn't been around.

Ditto here. I have been able to get Super Mario 64 to boot however. Everything else seems to blackscreen. Does anyone know how to get in touch with the emus author so we can figure out a fix? I posted in the main thread for the emu at xbox-scene.

Edited by PhilExile