My 1.4ghz 128mb trusty board

Neo369

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I ran that patch app on the X68000 emulator XBE first of course. :(

By the way, looks like my case is the culprit!

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=277450

Note that the creator of the case notes that he is considering opening up the grates to allow more airflow. LOL

Hey Phil, have you applied the .xbe patches to fix the speed issues?

HI Phil I DONT RECOMMEND USING THE PATCHES ON XPORT EMU THEY ARE WORkING PERFECTLY WIThOUT THE PATCH YESTERDAY I TESTED DAPHNE THE RESPONSE ON DRAGONS LAIR IS WAY BETTER 90% . I EVEN TESTED QUAKE 3 ARENA WITH 14 BOTS IN THE ARENA AND MAX RESOLUTION AND NO MORE SLOWDOWN IN MY OPINION NO HOMEBRUE GAME OR EMULATOR NEED A PATCH ONLY THE RETAIL GAMES NOW IAM USING RAMEDELIMIT + FLIKER FUCKER.:P THE ONLY EMULATOR THAT I NOTICE A PROBLEM WITH IT IS KILLER INSTINCT 2 THE FRAME RATE R 60 ALL THE TIME EVEN WITH THE MAX FILTERS BUT ITS MAKING SOME WEIRD NOISE IN THE MUSIC EVEN WHEN I PATCHED WITH 1400MH PATCHER STILL THE SAME PROBLEM.

Hi Carlo,

I'll test both ways once I get everything set up. Working on cooling my custom box properly first and its a nice day out, so you may not hear from me till next week sometime. :P

By the way, READING ALL CAPS IS HARD. :) Try lowercase, it really does help.

Best Regards

Ha, I did. Just got finished cleaning up. Just an FYI, acrylic cut at high speeds reeks! Thank god I have a solder exhaust fan.

Anyway, ya, I cut the rear and side fan slots so they are wide open now. I also cut a new fan slot right above the CPU and installed another 80mm fan. The fans now work like so:

REAR: Blows air in, right to the CPU

LEFT: Blows air in

RIGHT: Blows air out since its right next to the PSU. No point in blowing hot air from that on top of the CPU heatsink.

CPU TOP: Blows air up and out.

Right now, my CPU temp is holding steady at 132 - 134 F. I think the other night when we spoke it was 170 - 172 F, so ya, a good dip. :P

The only bad thing is that now that I have an CPU TOP fan, I need to use a small 2.5 hd, but whatever, small price to pay.

Let me know if you see room for improvement.

Philexile, how are those temps coming man? Did you cut up that case at all?

hey guys, im back, and so far, everything is working again. i believe i have found the culprit to the booting problem. i had already reseated the cpu once, but after i did it again, i put the heatsink on very lightly this time and it works now. i think i had tightened it too much before, and with that pcb from trusty, it caused the cpu to come out a little bit, making it not boot. so phil, make sure you dont tighten it too much. also, my best advice for your temps, even though it sounds like you have it pretty good already, is have a fan blowing directly down onto that heatsink. the closer it is the better. if you have already done that, cool, but that is what i did and it works very well so far.

hey nextel, i want to reflash my tsop, but i have one little problem. my bios right now resets every time i hit eject. how can i reflash now? because i think the eurasia flash disc requires you to put in another cd part of the way through... any ideas are appreciated.

I never really messed with the eurasia disc's at all. I've always used the 007AUF Save with the raincoat utility to flash

TSOP that were 1.2-1.5

If it's a 1.0 it's easier to do. I could send you the files needed. I just cant remember what version you had.

PM me or what not and we'll get the ball rolling.

Actually, I just did a test and found that having the fan blowing up from the CPU is better for cooling. It could be that since I'm using multiple fans, this just helps the circulation of air.

that could be true. im sure its very specific to your setup. i could give it a try as well. most overclockers recommend blowing air onto the heatsink, so that is what i did. also, almost every cpu cooler does this as well. but ill try it out on my setup. anything to cool down my box sounds good to me. what are your temps at btw? mine are around 120.

Well, its a more constrainted space, so I think blowing down is just keeping the hot air in. I'm doing more test. I'll update in a bit. :P

Idle I'm 128, but thats in a tight entertainment center. I'm going to take it out tonight and remove the back.

Actually, I just did a test and found that having the fan blowing up from the CPU is better for cooling. It could be that since I'm using multiple fans, this just helps the circulation of air.

that could be true. im sure its very specific to your setup. i could give it a try as well. most overclockers recommend blowing air onto the heatsink, so that is what i did. also, almost every cpu cooler does this as well. but ill try it out on my setup. anything to cool down my box sounds good to me. what are your temps at btw? mine are around 120.