My 1.4ghz 128mb trusty board

Neo369

Hi,

Yes, there are a lot of holes, but I will look around for improvement. Could you let me know what model that heatsink/fan combo is and where you got it? Did you have to modify it?

Thanks!

Do you have any other vent holes in the case? Or is it just the fans?

What i'm getting at is you should try to make the most that case

move as much air as possible. Having 2 fans pushing air out and

one pushing air in might not be good enough. Like the xbox is stock

the rear fan brings in cold air to cool the board and sits right in front

of that heatsink to creat a solid stream of cold air running through

the fins. I wonder what would happen if you reversed your fans and

built a fan shroud from the heatsink to the rear fan to maximize your

airflow? What does the heatsink look like?

I've got one of his 1.0GHZ boards and it did run alittle hotter but i

just bought a copperheatsink with a top mount fan, made the rear fan

blow air in so it's feeding the heatsink fan and blowing the hot air

out of the xbox. That worked out very well. Idles around 102 and

has not gone beyond 140 that i know of.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I have it TSOP'd now, but I'm going to install a chip as I'm used to those. Also, it feels like the TSOP boots slower. Its weird.

Nice heatsink! Thank you! Did you need to do any sort of modifications to get it to fit on there?

It depends of how you've modded your xbox. If you used a chip or done TSOP mod you can use a bios that can be configured

to run the fan at 100% or whatever all the time. Here is the sink i used.........

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16835150029

No mods needed on the heatsink. However, i didnt have a veryh good way to mount it since the black heatsink

shroud from the stock xbox was removed. So i had to hot glue the heatsink to the mobo and rely on the weight

of the heatsink to make good contact. Worked well.

For the bios, make sure you use X2_5035 and use a program called X2 Config Maker to edit the bios.

AH, good to know. My Black shroud is gone too. Here is a pict of what my board looks like:

photoxx.jpg

Hot glue is a BRILLIANT idea by the way! Think this will work with the 1.4 too?

No mods needed on the heatsink. However, i didnt have a veryh good way to mount it since the black heatsink

shroud from the stock xbox was removed. So i had to hot glue the heatsink to the mobo and rely on the weight

of the heatsink to make good contact. Worked well.

For the bios, make sure you use X2_5035 and use a program called X2 Config Maker to edit the bios.

I wouldnt try it since it seems to run quite a bit hotter than a 1.0ghz

That heatsink looks big enough to work, make sure the screws are nice

and snug. If you could find a heatsink with those dimensions and matching

screwholes and made of copper......that would be greeeeaaat.

HI I GOT MY TRUSY UPGRADE TO AND ITS WORKING PERFECTLY MY TEMP IS BETWEEN 130 F 135 F I THINK ITS NORMAL I TRIED THE PSX EMULATOR AND YOU WONT BELIEVE THE RESULT I AM PLAYING RESIDENT EVIL WITH FRAME SKIPPING OFF WITH SOF FILTER HQ2 AND HARD FILTER MAX AND THE RESULT THE GRAFIC AND THE EMULATION BETTER THAN THE DREAMCAST AND I TRIED THE GBA EMULATOR WITH FRAME SKIPING 0 AND MAXIMUM FILTER ALSO THE RESULT PERFECT :(

Edited by carlo3do

HI I GOT MY TRUSY UPGRADE TO AND ITS WORKING PERFECTLY MY TEMP IS BETWEEN 130 F 135 F I THINK ITS NORMAL I TRIED THE PSX EMULATOR AND YOU WONT BELIEVE THE RESULT I AM PLAYING RESIDENT EVIL WITH FRAME SKIPPING OFF WITH SOF FILTER HQ2 AND HARD FILTER MAX AND THE RESULT THE GRAFIC AND THE EMULATION BETTER THAN THE DREAMCAST AND I TRIED THE GBA EMULATOR WITH FRAME SKIPING 0 AND MAXIMUM FILTER ALSO THE RESULT PERFECT :(

That sounds cool, i most have that box :)

Also, I tested out a few X68000 games that were giving me problems before with great results.

- Castlevania now can play perfectly smoothly with 0 frameskipping. On a stock Xbox, you need to have some sort of frameskip enabled or it stutters.

- Renforcer now can play pretty well with 1 frameskipping enabled. On stock, it couldn't be played even on "auto" frameskip.

So, overall, great results. By the way, does anyone know how to display 'frames per second' in the XPORT emus?

Also, BP, once I have this set up properly, would it be possible to get a build of CoinOps without some of the speedhacks applied? For instance, it might be interesting to see how games like Double Dragon play on an upgraded Xbox.

Thanks!

Edited by PhilExile