My 1.4ghz 128mb trusty board

Neo369

Philexile is right, your best bet would be to get a cheap chip (duox2) and solder it on and see what happens.

THey come with EVOX bios preloaded so after you've installed it, power it on and make sure it boots properly.

You might ask Trusty or someone over at XB-scene if this could be a RAM issue aswell. Check all of those

pins and make sure they are all lined up and solder correctly, something could have come loose on you.

Where do you get the duo-x2 chips for a good price? I look online and they want $50 - $70 (£50) i can get an xbox for that...

http://www.modchipworld.co.uk/store/xbox-mod-chips-c-48.html

better off doing the soft mod tho mate, unless you get an xecuter chip with xapter solderless solution you are looking at more work imho.

Only problem though is that a softmod will not help with the xbox that is not booting from the start. Could be a BIOS going bad or a bad TSOP chip so the xbox needs to boot up first to diagnose the issue quickly...no boot....no softmod

Edited by Nextel

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hopefully ill get some time to look at this in the morning. im tired and frustrated lol. life is getting busy again...but hobbies are so much more fun. :(

trusty also recommended reseating the cpu, so i will try that. and he advised not to try to reflash my tsop.

ill post updates...hopefully this works out.

Edited by Neo369

Philexile is right, your best bet would be to get a cheap chip (duox2) and solder it on and see what happens.

THey come with EVOX bios preloaded so after you've installed it, power it on and make sure it boots properly.

You might ask Trusty or someone over at XB-scene if this could be a RAM issue aswell. Check all of those

pins and make sure they are all lined up and solder correctly, something could have come loose on you.

Where do you get the duo-x2 chips for a good price? I look online and they want $50 - $70 (£50) i can get an xbox for that...

http://www.modchipworld.co.uk/store/xbox-mod-chips-c-48.html

better off doing the soft mod tho mate, unless you get an xecuter chip with xapter solderless solution you are looking at more work imho.

Only problem though is that a softmod will not help with the xbox that is not booting from the start. Could be a BIOS going bad or a bad TSOP chip so the xbox needs to boot up first to diagnose the issue quickly...no boot....no softmod

yeah true, I was meaning for ace tho not neo. I thought he was looking at buying a chip or something

no luck guys. i tried disconnecting my extra fans to make sure i wasnt taking too much power at startup and also switched the power supply with one that i know works also from a 1.4 xbox. the problem was not resolved.

reseated the cpu...no dice.

idk what to do now...

waiting for a response from trusty as well

Hey Guys,

How hot is your Trusty box running? Mine is super hot. About 180 degrees F IDLE, which is crazy. Any suggestions as to how hot is should be and how to keep it cool?

Thanks

mine was about that hot too. and yes it is crazy. first i changed the thermal compound to arctic silver 5. -10 degrees to 170. then i put some fans from a ram cooler on the heatsink.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...5-002-_-Product

those were the ones i used. modified them a bit and with a few zipties, got them nicely in place. two of the three fans blow straight down onto the heatsink, and the third is at the front side blowing toward the back of the case to my main case fan. down to 120 degrees now. much better. and those fans are nearly silent. also, it may be a good idea to get a copper heatsink instead of the aluminum one he gives you. of you can find one that will fit with a reasonable amount of effort to modify, let me know.

good luck!

Hey Guys,

How hot is your Trusty box running? Mine is super hot. About 180 degrees F IDLE, which is crazy. Any suggestions as to how hot is should be and how to keep it cool?

Thanks

mine was about that hot too. and yes it is crazy. first i changed the thermal compound to arctic silver 5. -10 degrees to 170. then i put some fans from a ram cooler on the heatsink.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...5-002-_-Product

those were the ones i used. modified them a bit and with a few zipties, got them nicely in place. two of the three fans blow straight down onto the heatsink, and the third is at the front side blowing toward the back of the case to my main case fan. down to 120 degrees now. much better. and those fans are nearly silent. also, it may be a good idea to get a copper heatsink instead of the aluminum one he gives you. of you can find one that will fit with a reasonable amount of effort to modify, let me know.

good luck!

Does turning the speed of the main case fan up help at all? or are extra fans a necessity?

Didn't seem to help much for me. My Xbox was in a back-enclosed entertainment center. I'm going to take that off tonight and see if that helps. I'm looking into better heatsinks too. I'll post if I find anything. It'd be nice if we could get something that doesn't need modification. :(

Wow. So, I have the Trusty upgraded Xbox running now in a custom case, 3 fans, one in the back blowing air onto the heatsink/cpu and two on each side blowing it out. The fans are running 100% and its idle. Guess what my temp is? 170/171 degrees Fahrenheit. RIDICULOUS. Did I mention I replaced the horrible thermal paste with Arctic Silver 5? Did I also mention it sitting in the middle of my living room so it can get the most air possible?

The case is this, in case anyone is wondering: http://pictures.xbox-scene.com/hsdemonz/Ho...view/1-Xpod.jpg

This thing is a mess. The heatsink is obviously not adequate. Anyone have any suggestions on a replacement? We would need something with the approximate dimensions:

60mm wide

75mm long

20mm tall

Really, this is batshit insane. I'm so annoyed with this thing. It can't even play a game because its so hot.

Do you have any other vent holes in the case? Or is it just the fans?

What i'm getting at is you should try to make the most that case

move as much air as possible. Having 2 fans pushing air out and

one pushing air in might not be good enough. Like the xbox is stock

the rear fan brings in cold air to cool the board and sits right in front

of that heatsink to creat a solid stream of cold air running through

the fins. I wonder what would happen if you reversed your fans and

built a fan shroud from the heatsink to the rear fan to maximize your

airflow? What does the heatsink look like?

I've got one of his 1.0GHZ boards and it did run alittle hotter but i

just bought a copperheatsink with a top mount fan, made the rear fan

blow air in so it's feeding the heatsink fan and blowing the hot air

out of the xbox. That worked out very well. Idles around 102 and

has not gone beyond 140 that i know of.

Edited by Nextel