My 1.4ghz 128mb trusty board

Neo369

hey guys, need a bit of help...so i have been having a problem making my box boot lately. sometimes it works fine no problems, but sometimes it takes many tries just to start it up. when i turn it on, it starts for about 2 seconds, nothing comes up on my tv yet, then it turns right back off. it turns on again on its own, then same thing. the third time it turns on, it stays on, but will not boot...the leds at the front just flash, but no on screen errors...

anybody know what is going on here?

power supply maybe?

when i finally do get it up and running, i have absolutely no problems. just when i try to start it...

That sometimes happens on a box im working on that has a faulty dvd drive. Maybe check all the cables are plugged in correctly (ide cable and dvd power)

Try turning it on with the eject button and leaving the tray open until it boots, if it works every time then it might be the dvd drive playing up?

its a slim box, so it has no dvd drive. tsop is flashed to skip dvd check.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever that is sounds bad man.... Maybe you should just go to a used game store and spring 50 bucks for a new one.

Best case, you find out it was just a faulty power cord...

Worst case, you're on your way to building a new box.

I feel for you man. I dread the day that my Box dies. That's why I have backups :)

well i hope its not your worst case, cuz then im sh*t out of luck, seeing as i just spend $xxx on this thing from trusty, plus every custom part that is in there.

That powering-on-powering-off-twice-then-staying-on-without-booting means it couldn't read the TSOP/BIOS.

My first ancient solderless Matrix-modded XBox does that now and then (it scared the crap out of me the first time), but I just need to smack the XB on the side once or twice and it'll boot fine -_-

...since yours is a flashed TSOP, that doesn't sound good :(

Philexile is right, your best bet would be to get a cheap chip (duox2) and solder it on and see what happens.

THey come with EVOX bios preloaded so after you've installed it, power it on and make sure it boots properly.

You might ask Trusty or someone over at XB-scene if this could be a RAM issue aswell. Check all of those

pins and make sure they are all lined up and solder correctly, something could have come loose on you.

Edited by Nextel

Philexile is right, your best bet would be to get a cheap chip (duox2) and solder it on and see what happens.

THey come with EVOX bios preloaded so after you've installed it, power it on and make sure it boots properly.

You might ask Trusty or someone over at XB-scene if this could be a RAM issue aswell. Check all of those

pins and make sure they are all lined up and solder correctly, something could have come loose on you.

Where do you get the duo-x2 chips for a good price? I look online and they want $50 - $70 (£50) i can get an xbox for that...

Hello,

I got my own Trusty Xbox and I'm having a bit of an odd problem.

First of all, i1ts a a version 1.0 Xbox, so it has the annoying daughter-board for the controller ports. Controller port 1 does not work, but ports 2, 3, and 4 do.

The first thing I checked was the daughter-board and controller ports. Luckily, I have plenty of spare parts. Unfortunately, the same problem presented itself, even with these parts swapped out.

To better diagnose the issue, I went to the info window within XBMC. When i would change the controller to different ports it would ALWAYS register as port 3. For clarity I will detail this below:

Port 1 - Nothing

Port 2 - Reads as gamepad in port 3

Port 3 - Reads as gamepad in port 3

Port 4 - Reads as gamepad in port 3

I checked the pin points and whatnot and I can't seem to see any issues. Could this be due to the fact that this is softmodded? I've always used modchips in the past, so I'm not as familiar with this exploit.

Does anybody have an suggestions?

Thanks,

Phil

Where do you get the duo-x2 chips for a good price? I look online and they want $50 - $70 (£50) i can get an xbox for that...

http://www.modchipworld.co.uk/store/xbox-mod-chips-c-48.html

better off doing the soft mod tho mate, unless you get an xecuter chip with xapter solderless solution you are looking at more work imho.