My 1.4ghz 128mb trusty board

Neo369

for anyone interested, i have just put together an upgraded xbox motherboard from trusty. runs everything blazing fast, but some things too fast lol. i will be posting more results as i go on since i have literally just started, but the very first thing i noticed was that coinops runs way to fast. i am running reignite x, and i can play umk3 with sound :D but unfortunately the entire game is on fast forward, as are all the other games on mame...

xbox games are also going too fast, but i know there is a patch for those. i will try that soon to see how it works.

anyone have ideas to slow down coinops to normal speed but still have mortal kombat and other games run properly? bp said that it would run all of the games perfectly, which is one of the main reasons i got this all in the first place...

thanks!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are people that have patched this and running it im sure they will help...and i just fixed the midway core hehehehe sorry

alot more games work thought...alot and some really good ones...sengail strikers...ummm alot more and 3d stuff like tekken

for anyone interested, i have just put together an upgraded xbox motherboard from trusty. runs everything blazing fast, but some things too fast lol. i will be posting more results as i go on since i have literally just started, but the very first thing i noticed was that coinops runs way to fast. i am running reignite x, and i can play umk3 with sound :) but unfortunately the entire game is on fast forward, as are all the other games on mame...

xbox games are also going too fast, but i know there is a patch for those. i will try that soon to see how it works.

anyone have ideas to slow down coinops to normal speed but still have mortal kombat and other games run properly? bp said that it would run all of the games perfectly, which is one of the main reasons i got this all in the first place...

thanks!

Did you can playing Surreal64 Xxx B5.3 on 1.4ghz xbox?

I cant play it on 1.4ghz or 1ghz xbox...

Sorry! my English is very poor

Did you can playing Surreal64 Xxx B5.3 on 1.4ghz xbox?

I cant play it on 1.4ghz or 1ghz xbox...

Sorry! my English is very poor

b5.3 does not work with our xboxs at the moment. the 128mb of ram is what is breaking it im pretty sure. it is being worked on right now. you can use b5 temporarily if you still want to play as it should work well. i played only two games on b5 to test it, but i did super smash with 1964 which worked before, and still worked. i also ran it with pj64, which used to lag incredibly. now it works perfectly. mario kart 64 however runs much too fast...

and dont worry, your english is doing great, keep at it! try "Can you play surreal64..." next time :)

I emailed trusty about one of those, its out of my price range at the moment for a while :(

I wanted one for the same reasons... I hope you fix it :) Please keep me posted on your progress :(

lol yeah I did too, he was wanting eighty squids, is that what he quoted you as well? I can't afford that either plus from the looks of things it breaks more than it fixes.... :)

plus from the looks of things it breaks more than it fixes.... :)

well, it all works...it just works too good haha. xbmc is blazing fast. my box starts in less than 10 seconds. ftp is at least twice as fast as it seems the low system specs were throttling it before. also, i have had some success with playing h264 720p videos from my network. i think people have made it all work at correct speeds, so once i do to it will all be worth it. still looking for some advice on what to do though.

b5.3 does not work with our xboxs at the moment. the 128mb of ram is what is breaking it im pretty sure. it is being worked on right now. you can use b5 temporarily if you still want to play as it should work well. i played only two games on b5 to test it, but i did super smash with 1964 which worked before, and still worked. i also ran it with pj64, which used to lag incredibly. now it works perfectly. mario kart 64 however runs much too fast...

and dont worry, your english is doing great, keep at it! try "Can you play surreal64..." next time :)

Thanks!

I know surreal64 b5 can run on 128M xbox :)

i thought you have to patch the default.xbe´s from games/roms/etc. for playing it.

o ok for some reason i thought that was just for original xbox games... do you know what the patch does exactly? because it seems like it would just limit the processor speed or something, and if it does that, it would not be useful any more as it has power, but is being throttled, so why even have an upgraded cpu. if however, it allows the game/emulator to make use of the speed when needed, that would be awesome.

plus from the looks of things it breaks more than it fixes.... :)

well, it all works...it just works too good haha. xbmc is blazing fast. my box starts in less than 10 seconds. ftp is at least twice as fast as it seems the low system specs were throttling it before. also, i have had some success with playing h264 720p videos from my network. i think people have made it all work at correct speeds, so once i do to it will all be worth it. still looking for some advice on what to do though.

Well I do hope you get it all working mate plus hi def films is a real bonus if using the machine as a media centre like I do. I got my pc hooked up to my tv tho so I can get round that problem.... the xbox is quieter than my pc tho...

once you figure it out maybe you could tell us how its done, might be useful for future reference :)