SSFIV

Just played against a pro... one of my friends from Florida. This guy is the real deal. I was hoping for practice but ... I still have yet to build the stick. I will not get serious until I build it, to hell with using the regular controller. I refuse to build up skill with a shitty controller just to switch to the stick later. But I playing against my friend makes me realize how far off I am.

Shoma... if I see him and you both on at the same time, I'll attempt to get an endless battle going. You deserve to play against someone who is actually good. Just... I hope you take loosing gracefully. When I kept kicking you in the face with Sagat you got pissy. My friend is the real deal. Expect a beatdown if and when this day comes.

As for that movie... meh. Great cameras! Their choreography was poor among other things, but the cameras were good.

Verestic... multiplatforming? From 0 to 2 systems in such a short time... heh. Well Im game.

So is a stick going to make you an ultimate player??

I hope you have at least some experience with a stick (Sanwa or Happ?) before you make a statement like that. A couple of the best players in the world do so on pad, so its not as shitty as you think

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Maybe cuz I was hosting, it was pretty laggy for me lol. Yeah sorry, Finland.

Yeah, it was smooth as silk for me. I can host next, so we'll see if that makes a difference.

I hope you have at least some experience with a stick (Sanwa or Happ?) before you make a statement like that. A couple of the best players in the world do so on pad, so its not as shitty as you think

ACTUALLY ... The 360 controller is crap. Thats what I'm talking about. I've always been a pad player but this joystick is a pet project. Do I have experience playing on a stick? No. But that does not matter. I could have bought a 3rd party pad but whatever.

The joy is a Sanwa JLF with an octagon gate and some seimetsu buttons. I bought "silent" microswitches for the joy and replaced them. I know being proficient on a joy is gonna be tedious. Most of my experience is on a pad so it's a new ballgame.

I just wanted the best joy possible. I really dont want to play on such a bad controller.

ACTUALLY ... The 360 controller is crap. Thats what I'm talking about. I've always been a pad player but this joystick is a pet project. Do I have experience playing on a stick? No. But that does not matter. I could have bought a 3rd party pad but whatever.

The joy is a Sanwa JLF with an octagon gate and some seimetsu buttons. I bought "silent" microswitches for the joy and replaced them. I know being proficient on a joy is gonna be tedious. Most of my experience is on a pad so it's a new ballgame.

I just wanted the best joy possible. I really dont want to play on such a bad controller.

Not sure what your total costs were for your project but you should have just gotten a sf4 tournament stick. Basically the best you can get on the market unless your going custom. I'm used to american happ sticks and recently bought a sf4 tourney stick which is all japanese parts and its killing me. The simple transition between bat top and ball top isnt going as smoothly as I though it would but I have a friend who motivates me to keeping on using it.

First thing I would do in your place is figure out how you are comfortable holding the stick.

Above is a good video for starters

Once from there its all practice, good luck.

Really? Maybe cuz I was hosting, it was pretty laggy for me lol. Yeah sorry, Finland.

Yeah, it was smooth as silk for me. I can host next, so we'll see if that makes a difference.

Alright, gonna have to catch early in the morning though considering timezones lol.

The simple transition between bat top and ball top isnt going as smoothly as I though it would

Hit up Lizardlick.com and get yourself a Bat top and adapter. total cost will be around 10 bucks. Also if you are used to Happ and are now on a square gate that can be murder as well. an Octagonal gate will feel more like the 360 gate on a happ.

My TE is modded with an octogan gate, bat top and 2 hole plugs on the lower arched buttons. so I have an amarican straight 6 button layout.

Alright, gonna have to catch early in the morning though considering timezones lol.

Yeah, timezones are a bitch. Makes it really difficult to coordinate matches and such with a very specific group of people

The simple transition between bat top and ball top isnt going as smoothly as I though it would

Hit up Lizardlick.com and get yourself a Bat top and adapter. total cost will be around 10 bucks. Also if you are used to Happ and are now on a square gate that can be murder as well. an Octagonal gate will feel more like the 360 gate on a happ.

My TE is modded with an octogan gate, bat top and 2 hole plugs on the lower arched buttons. so I have an amarican straight 6 button layout.

Thanks have been planning that but never got around to ordering new parts. I been forcing myself to learn this way but usually I end up frustrated and the controller in the closet.

I play well enough on pad when I'm focused that people usually think I'm on a stick but I would love to take it to that next level

The main reason Im building a custom is the button layout on most/all joys.

buttonconfig2.jpg

The two offset buttons are still something im working on. 6 buttons is enough but a game like Soul Caliber would benefit me if I were to place a thumb button.

With a layout similar to this, My hand can lay naturally. Cost of materials was around ~ $110, but that includes the wood I used and its expensive. This custom stick will be great... Ill have no excuses once its built. I'll need to practice a ton to get used to it im sure.

The main reason Im building a custom is the button layout on most/all joys.

buttonconfig2.jpg

The two offset buttons are still something im working on. 6 buttons is enough but a game like Soul Caliber would benefit me if I were to place a thumb button.

With a layout similar to this, My hand can lay naturally. Cost of materials was around ~ $110, but that includes the wood I used and its expensive. This custom stick will be great... Ill have no excuses once its built. I'll need to practice a ton to get used to it im sure.

Good luck with the build, I've seen enough of them to know that anything is possible with the right amount of motivation.

If you have any questions be sure to ask somebody off of shoryuken.com in the tech talk section

http://shoryuken.com/forumdisplay.php?f=177