SSFIV

We should set up a brawl on there.

I think I'm the 2nd beast on 1emu so I would love to jump in on some action! Muahahahah. <--(Didn't sound too cocky, right?)

I'm getting the game tomorrow...

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea put the game on easy and play through a few times. Then crank it up to medium again and you should get further. You need to just get familiarized. Moar practice.

Yea I dont want to grind some of the challenge courses as Id rather do it on my joystick. No sense taking forever on a few combos on a dpad when Ill be playing on a joy.

Joystick progress report Grim. Your draggin' ass.

Bah... called out. Perhaps tomorrow I will get out the boxes and refine my box dimensions. Then get ahold of that solder guy cause who knows when he will be free. Then go out and buy a replacement controller so I can have 2 regular ones. Ill write the dimensions down and have them cut. Some sanding and then get on it. The steps are short enough.

Im looking forward to breaking out all my fighters once its built. I've been taking at easy on em because the pad pisses me off.

Speaking about SSFIV though, Ive noticed Juri can be hard to fight against. Sagat is the only character out of my short played list that can handle her. My sorry Dudley cant get close. Im using Sagat, Dudley, Dhalsim, T Hawk. and I want to learn Gouken as in use him properly. But I still need to build up my current list.

Bah... called out. Perhaps tomorrow I will get out the boxes and refine my box dimensions. Then get ahold of that solder guy cause who knows when he will be free. Then go out and buy a replacement controller so I can have 2 regular ones. Ill write the dimensions down and have them cut. Some sanding and then get on it. The steps are short enough.

Im looking forward to breaking out all my fighters once its built. I've been taking at easy on em because the pad pisses me off.

Speaking about SSFIV though, Ive noticed Juri can be hard to fight against. Sagat is the only character out of my short played list that can handle her. My sorry Dudley cant get close. Im using Sagat, Dudley, Dhalsim, T Hawk. and I want to learn Gouken as in use him properly. But I still need to build up my current list.

Juri can be easy to beat if you know what you are doing. You just need to watch out for her fireball zoning since she can stock her fireballs and have 3 direction of firing. Since you are using T. Hawk, let me give you tips on how to use T. Hawk against most char.

T. Hawk

Statistics and Overview

Date of Birth: 21st of July

Height: 230cm (7.6ft)

Weight: 162kg (356lbs)

Blood Type: O

Fighting Style: Thunderfoot Clan Fighting Style

Dislikes: Lies

Special Skills: Create sculpture in wood,, Communicating with birds of prey.

Rival: M. Bison, El Fuerte.

Hit Points: 1150

Stun: 1100

Strengths:

- Able to take punishment and score a come back at any given time in the round.

- Hits like a Train at the same time posses some great range pokes

- Able to Grab limbs like Zangief with his Hawk Slams.

- Able to Keep the Pressure on with LP Hawk Slams that can grab his enemies from a distance.

- Some of his air normals allows him to combo into Condor Dive.

- Gameplan is to knock your enemy down and punish them with cross up shenanigans..

Weaknesses:

- Move like a turtle much like Zangief even his dashes

- EX moves are too useful for closing in or for counter attacks resulting to a dependency on Super Bar to be effective.

- Requires some good execution and timings to play effectively against turtles

- Having a very large hit box may cause problems at times.

- no hit confirmable low combos

Unique Attacks / Target Combo

Heavy Body Press ( 2 + HP, during forward or backward Jump )

Heavy Shoulder ( 2 + MP, during forward or backward Jump )

Trust Peak ( 3 + LP )

Special Moves

Tomahawk Buster [Rising Hawk] ( 623+punch )

- Damage: Light 130 / Medium 150 / Heavy 160 / EX 130

- This is his anti air with Invulnerability properties, T Hawks version of SRK ~ "HP potentially hits twice yet to be confirmed"

- EX version will have more Invulnerability frames and allow you to perform EX-Condor Dive by simply pressing three Punches during its animation but at cost of another EX bar for more combo damage.

Condor Dive ( LP+MP+HP while in the air)

- Damage: 120 / EX ??

- His air dive attack great for closing in and also his main armor breaking attack.

- Able to cross up if the spacing is correct.

- whether is safe on block depends entirely on how close you are to the ground when your enemy blocks it.

- He is able to combo cancel into his Condor dive with his jumping LP.

- Ex version can only be done after EX-Tomahawk Buster.

Mexican Typhoon [Hawk Slam] ( 360 motion + Punch )

- Damage: Light 150 / Medium 200 / Heavy 230 / EX 200

- T. Hawk's command grab like Zangief's SPD "Grab range might differ from LP/MP/HP however LP leaves them right next to you, MP in Mid Screen, while HP lands you at the corner of the screen"

- EX version seems to have Invulnerability frames against strikes much like Abel's EX tornado throw.

Condor Spire ( 421+punch )

- Damage: Light 120 / Medium 120 / Heavy 120 / EX 150

- Yet another move for T.Hawk to close in the gap but suffers a bit from startup time. It doesn't knocks down but leaves you in range for a good Hawk slam.

- Light, Medium, Heavy differs in distances.

- EX version knocks down and open up juggling properties. In addition this has Armor Breaking Properties.

Super

Super Hawk Slam ( 720 motion + Punch )

- Damage: 430

Ultra 1 and 2

1) Raging Typhoon ( 720 motion + LP+MP+HP )

- Damage: 510

- Looks like it grabs further compared Zangief's Ultra

2) Raging Slash ( 63214 x2 + LP+MP+HP )

- Damage: 430

- His anti air Ultra. Much like a Tomahawk Buster, capable of connecting when your enemy is in a juggle state.

Combos

- Jump in (x), s.mk, Ex-Condorsipre, Ex-Tomahawk Buster~ Ex-Condor Dive

- Jump in (x), s.hp, c.lp, Tomahawk Buster or Ex-Tomahawk Buster

- Jump in (x), s.lpx2, c.mp, Ex-Condorspire, Ex-Tomahawk Buster~ Ex-Condor Dive

- Jump in (x), c.lp x1, c.lk, Ex-Tomahawk Buster~ Ex-Condor Dive

Continuing on T. Hawk.

T-Hawk has some of the best normals in the game. They reach super far and dishes out serious damage. The catch is: you need to be very good at mind reading and judging distance, as his moves stick out so long a whiffed normal can lead to a easy punish by jump in or counter poke- even mp and mk! Also I've noted that some moves that interchange between close and far versions (most of his moves!) carries the curse of doing the wrong versions if the opponent's lucky enough to be at a certain distance.

So here are the description of useful moves that corresponds to its purpose.

cl. lp/ far lp/ cr.lp- high priority, combos to itself or other moves so it's a combo starter, tick throws. Hits crouchers.

df.lp- You can use this as a tick but this is not what it's best for. It's also a good antiair that hits consistently if done late. But its use it overshadowed by Tomahawk buster or a well timed cr.hp.But this is still good as it is easier to react with this move.

cl.mp- good to combo to ex. spire/tomahawk dive. Also pushback isn't much on hit/block, so is possible to tick a lp typhoon from. can be linked to another mp(!) or lp/lk. Also can be used as antiair

far mp- high priority distance poke. Duckable, so dont abuse it.

cr.mp- a poke that hits crouchers, but range shorter than hp

cl.hp- can be 1-frame-linked with a cr.mk(!).

far hp- painful distance poke. But very laggy so whiffing it carelessly can get you punished. Can also be ducked.

cr.hp- Super effective anti-air but must be timed correctly. Hits hard. Stuffs non-meaty crossups. On the ground, 2-hit so can be used to counter focus attacks.

cl.lk, cr.lk- Tick move only. Cannot be comboed. Never used it.

far.lk- good as a combo ender. But there are better options.

cl.mk- On a normal front jump in, can be linked to an EX spire but strangely, EX Spire cannot be combo-ed if done after a HP cross up. Can also be linked to condor buster for punish. Can be ticked to lp typhoon similiar to cl.mp.

far mk- ok poke that hits crouchers. range shorter than cr.mp but recovery better than cr.mp.

cr.mk- good high priority low attack that reaches far.

cl hk- there's no good reason to do this move

far hk- awesome to stuff jumps on the way up. Also a good distance poke. But watch out for its recovery!

cr.hk- Good to counter duckable fireballs from medium distance (e.g Juri, sagat). Thats it. No reason to do it otherwise.

jump lp- If hit on grounded opponents, can be comboed into condor dive!

jump d.mp- This is an interesting move in my perception. no matter how close you are to the opponent, it never hits opponents on ground no matter how super late. So in that case it is use to trick opponents to block while doing it super late and straight to Ultra 1 on the ground.

on air it have some good priorities as well when uses super early on jump because it lasted quite long.

jump. hp- Good jump in

jump d.hp- Is the shit. Cross this up after a knocdown and let the mixups commence! Even without crossup this is a good air move.

jump d.lk- Supposedly crosses over. But I've never hit it even once in a match. Very hard to hit this crossup.

jump mk- Surprisingly very good air-to-air!! Good to hit grounded too, but does not hit as low as Gief's version.

jump hk- Good jump in if opponent's at a distance.

jump neutral HK is a good air-to-air move.

Well you sound like a strategy guide!

Yea its info like this on page that you see me with often... drilling combos and such. Ill look into this info thanks.