SSFIV

What? Thumbs hurt? I might (cant remember) have gotten sore thumbs over 24 years ago... I've had a controller in my hand ever since. There has got to be a remedy. New injury... soak them mits in hot ass water for a time. Hot as you can handle. Condition those hands soldier we have more drilling to do! What are you playing this on?

Indeed Emsley, doing a super move, Fireball, hurricane kick ect, with two buttons uses one of those little bars. You will notice these moves do more. For instance the hurricane kick sucks them in and does more hits. They can be quite handy at the tail end of a combo.

You mentioned the computer reading your inputs? Of course it does.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is gay just a small tip of my left thumb is red raw.

I play on medium straight off the bat.

I managed to do the crouch L punch crouch medium punch combo last night man its weird!!!

How the hell im going to incorporate that into a game going 100mph I have no idea.

I noticed a hurricane kick armour breaks Dee Jays fireball things.

Have you seen one of fei longs specials it actually involves getting hit and timing it! thats insane!

You have to keep playing until you learn not to put so much pressure on your thumbs when inputting motions. My thumbs never get sore from fighters.

The way you preform is this. As Veristic says, with time you'll refine "how" you input. I imagine you frantically and spastically trying to pull something off over and over. You ask how one can pull off a combo in the middle of combat, I say this; with much practice, your input will refine because the shear # of times you do something, you shave off the unnecessary motion... At the same time you basically program yourself. For instance, I can do things with Bryan Fury without thinking. You just do it instinctively. That is what the drills are for. Shaving off the unnecessary motions (your hurt thumbs) and programming timing for certain links. Like the old school Fierce punch to Fireball.

Yea your trying to force the commands and in so doing, adding too much force to your fingertips. I believe Veristic is right. Do what I did and do... when I cant pull something off. Practice. Is it easier to do a Dragon punch facing right over left... or vice versa? If so you definitely need more input practice. I find I am back to square 1 or so because I have issues preforming a dragon punch perfectly facing left. This means my thumb is no longer programmed. Not something I thought Id ever loose but I did. At least a bit.

I suggest drilling Emsley. Go into practice and slowly do a move. Do it faster and faster until it feels proficient and efficient, then do it facing the other way. What you need to do is make a move easily and without thought, as opposed to jamming a move out just barely. It'll actually take alot of time but it beats fumbling and barely getting a move out.

Ha you said "spastically", I started mashing a bit after performing a move, and it just "did not work" then it did.

Facing left is a lot harder than it was a while back.

For some reason Fei long is suiting me a lot at the moment. I think what I might do is tip the difficulty down in single player to easy, or continuous practice in training mode.

I do this leg trick with fei Long and I end up positioned behind the enemy but have no idea what to do once I pull it off.

I dont care what anyone says this game has gotten considerably more difficult!

Guy seems to be a lot slower in SSIV. Dudley's quick dash is slower in SSIV too. It was faster in SFIII.

Lol, you dun know how amazing Guy can be in this game. So does Dudley.

Ems, if you really want easy game for now, choose those high tier char like Sagat.

Also, over time with continued practice inputting moves, you'll learn how to use the surface of your thumbs to move across the d-pad and not necessarily just the tip sliding in directions. Sliding = friction and will of course lead to soreness, especially when putting pressure and strength in your pushing behind it.

You don't have to use just the tip of your thumbs. You can use the base of the thumbs and motion the d-pad toward the tip so it uses the surface of your thumb to input motions.

And man... PS3's sold out everywhere I been to the last two days. It's like wtf all at once they all gone, and when i didn't want one they weren't?

So annoying! I could've gotten used ones or older models but nah. I think i'll have to order online and wait :\