SSFIV

yeah just for now this game really pushes you, that last fight we were both down to an inch of energy and it was just fireball, fireball, fireball, fireball, till one of caved... Which was me...

Gets intense!

I still dont fully understand the super meters and the two options between (Green and purple)

I notice though that if you perform a quick comb your 4 bars fill quicker even though my combos are pretty limited.

And its super annoying when you do a super and the guy fly's of on his 600th dragon punch.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got round E-Honda by keeping the fight on the deck and letting him leap at me.

This game is rigged in single/arcade I have already had 4 DKOs.

I got to the last fight against ken and called it quits after trying umpteen times.

Does no help that the only special I knew was his super fireball.

I'll tell you the first problem. Honda was, is, and always be a shoto killer. His moves are the rock to your scissors. Gotta trap him, I.E. make him do what you want... his jump to your ducking Fierce. (RYU) Lots of trips and throws. (ANY) Its still like old school. At least the basics, the balancing is different but retains the same feel.

You should actually try some different characters as opposed to staying with the familiar shoto group. Try out the other characters. Dudley is pretty badass!

Grim lol one round i just said "fuck it" and repeatedly grabbed him and slung him into the deck, but then he just dominated me with three throws and I was owned.

The computer does read your input though, it is defently telepathic.

Im gonna give Guy/cody a whirl later.

Each new character I try I will half some time in challenge mode with before setting about my doom.

yeah just for now this game really pushes you, that last fight we were both down to an inch of energy and it was just fireball, fireball, fireball, fireball, till one of caved... Which was me...

Gets intense!

I still dont fully understand the super meters and the two options between (Green and purple)

I notice though that if you perform a quick comb your 4 bars fill quicker even though my combos are pretty limited.

And its super annoying when you do a super and the guy fly's of on his 600th dragon punch.

The two meters are Super Meter and Ultra Meter. Super Meter fills as you do attacks and specials. It's split into four bars because an EX version of your special moves uses up one bar. Focus Attack Dash cancels (FADC's) use up two bars. And of course, super moves use up all four bars.

The Ultra Meter fills as you take damage, the line in the middle is when the Ultra becomes available, and if the entire Ultra Meter is filled your Ultra moves do that much more damage as opposed to using it right when its available at that middle line.

The difference between a super move and ultra move are that super moves are what we're used to seeing in SF 2 Turbo, Alpha Series and SF3 games. An Ultra move does more damage and is unique to SF4, has a highly sequenced animation thats a lot flashier than Super moves.

Edited by veristic

While im at it, I notice if i have say two bars full and I do a fireball a regular open that is, it drains my meter??

With ryu he actually shoots a gold/orange flame then it goes back to blue...

I think you're mistakingly doing an EX fireball.

EX moves are specials inputted by pressing two punch or kick buttons together, as opposed to just one punch or kick button. Ryu's Flame Hadouken is his EX Hadouken.

So, to save your meter, don't do fireballs with two punch buttons. Just use one button.

While im at it, I notice if i have say two bars full and I do a fireball a regular open that is, it drains my meter??

With ryu he actually shoots a gold/orange flame then it goes back to blue...

Someone needs a Capcom Fighters 101 refresher course. ;)

^yeah in SF2 Turbo, a quarter cirle motion did a blue headouken. A half-circle motion did a flaming fireball. In SF4, his EX fireball is a flame hadouken.