SSFIV

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My copy arrives on Friday. First time I'll get my hands on Street Fighter IV, save this one time when I gave the game a go at a friend's house.

Hmm, want to try and play with me? Let's see how the connection is :D

My copy arrives on Friday. First time I'll get my hands on Street Fighter IV, save this one time when I gave the game a go at a friend's house.

Hmm, want to try and play with me? Let's see how the connection is :D

You know my answer to this question. ;)

I am a gamepad kinda guy but thats just cause I never really played much of fighters at the arcade. I played more shooters and stuff. But once I build this stick, I'll be sure to practice often and get the new coordination built up.

That is until I have it on thought control.

I would recommend getting that joystick running asap. I too was more of a gamepad guy because although as a kid I played at the arcade, I was too young to play seriously until I got older and then it was all on consoles for Alpha and SF3 on emulator, and that was fine. But with SF4's focus attack system, there are some things you just can't do on a gamepad that easily as you can on a joystick. Primarily because on a gamepad, you're usually using your left hand to do motions AND press buttons whereas with a joystick, you do all your motions with one hand and all the button pressing with the other. It makes a big difference for inputting motions and executing FADC's.

I nearly went and got this for 30 bucks today, you rarely see street fighter 4 on the second hand shelf so this looks like a brand new buy, cant wait to try it and get pawning on high difficulty.

Only 3 weeks to go till RDR...

i might try football manager 2010 as well for the prolonged relax...

Well I havent played for a day or so and I still have yet to start the stick. I have all the parts... all of them minus certain tools... I.E. chisel to make an 1/8th inlay so the joy recesses and seats in the wood, so a totally smooth surface is possible on the face of the joystick. And of course the solder work is being done by someone I know. Id rather a professional than wing it.

Well once its built Ill have to run drills so I can start doing motions reflexively. My right hand still runs a mouse targeting system quite well (First person Shooters) and I hate playing with one thumb on an analog (consoles)... So I cant wait to feel the difference of a full hand controlling the motions rather than one thumb... although in my mind it doesnt feel comfortable yet. I wonder how long it'll take till it's second nature???

Just got this today for a cheap as shit 22 quid brand new! from a supermarket!

Just got in now, going to get some grub in me, then bust out a can of coke and have an hour with the game.

FINALLY SFV WITH A PAD!!!!