SSFIV

I suck. Really really bad too. Apparently the only thing im good at in SSFIV is playing badly. I never really played SFIV so the engine is new to me. Secondly, I havent played SF in forever and the basics are all but obscure to me. My timing for situations is all off here. I.E. They jump and I dont punish in time for instance. 3rd... I hate the 360 controller... and I havent completed my joystick. Time to get on it.

I started off on easy to familiarize myself with the game and now play on medium. I'm not feeling the game yet. You know what I mean? When you zone into a game and you can just feel the pace and so forth? I'm no where near that. I feel like a girl gamer im so bad. I'd go online but I got totally destroyed. I see how I'm playing and it disgusts me. Im generally good at all games and this is horrible. I dont have a deep understanding of 1 character let alone everyone... I need to drill combos and timing and situational defenses/offenses ~ punishment. Problem is Im starting at ground 0. Its as if I have never played a fighting game before I'm playing so bad. I find myself getting frustrated and recessing to Tiger Knee, Tiger Uppercut, or Fireball spamming.

I have hit just over 3 Hrs on SSFIV now. Thats how new I am to this and there are those who have been playing the first one forever now... so I am way below par. I see a guy from here playing SFIV now SSFIV all the damn time... not me. Im nube

So yea... I need ALOT of practice. Its not even funny.

Also... whats up with the most rancid looking anime at the ending of the game? Youd think something as famous as SF would get the royal treatment! I look forward to beating the game with everyone so I can puke alittle in my mouth for each persons ending. Whoever drew that anime... and whoever decided to go with that artist... and whoever gave it the final seal of approval all need to be sliced at the gut and strangled with their intestines while piranha devour their flesh and boiling oil is injected into their eyes. We need horrifying punishment to diminish the number of bad artists. The anime at the end is really that bad. They need to die a horrible death as punishment.

Some characters look so fucking silly it drives me nuts. Adon, Blanka etc...

But anyway... I need alot of practice. If anyone here doesnt mind handing me my ass on occasion, if you see me playing by all means send me a challenge. The only way I can get good is through practice... alot of it.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suck. Really really bad too. Apparently the only thing im good at in SSFIV is playing badly. I never really played SFIV so the engine is new to me. Secondly, I havent played SF in forever and the basics are all but obscure to me. My timing for situations is all off here. I.E. They jump and I dont punish in time for instance. 3rd... I hate the 360 controller... and I havent completed my joystick. Time to get on it.

I started off on easy to familiarize myself with the game and now play on medium. I'm not feeling the game yet. You know what I mean? When you zone into a game and you can just feel the pace and so forth? I'm no where near that. I feel like a girl gamer im so bad. I'd go online but I got totally destroyed. I see how I'm playing and it disgusts me. Im generally good at all games and this is horrible. I dont have a deep understanding of 1 character let alone everyone... I need to drill combos and timing and situational defenses/offenses ~ punishment. Problem is Im starting at ground 0. Its as if I have never played a fighting game before I'm playing so bad. I find myself getting frustrated and recessing to Tiger Knee, Tiger Uppercut, or Fireball spamming.

I have hit just over 3 Hrs on SSFIV now. Thats how new I am to this and there are those who have been playing the first one forever now... so I am way below par. I see a guy from here playing SFIV now SSFIV all the damn time... not me. Im nube

So yea... I need ALOT of practice. Its not even funny.

Also... whats up with the most rancid looking anime at the ending of the game? Youd think something as famous as SF would get the royal treatment! I look forward to beating the game with everyone so I can puke alittle in my mouth for each persons ending. Whoever drew that anime... and whoever decided to go with that artist... and whoever gave it the final seal of approval all need to be sliced at the gut and strangled with their intestines while piranha devour their flesh and boiling oil is injected into their eyes. We need horrifying punishment to diminish the number of bad artists. The anime at the end is really that bad. They need to die a horrible death as punishment.

Some characters look so fucking silly it drives me nuts. Adon, Blanka etc...

But anyway... I need alot of practice. If anyone here doesnt mind handing me my ass on occasion, if you see me playing by all means send me a challenge. The only way I can get good is through practice... alot of it.

If I'm on X360, i would have challenge you. But I'm not :D

Try playing through the trial challenge. It might helps ;)

I'll be on in a little bit. we'll set up a privete room this time and just go at it. (that didn't sound right) no godly pros crashing the party. :D

If I'm on X360, i would have challenge you. But I'm not :D

Try playing through the trial challenge. It might helps :)

I have, I need to practice my timing on certain combos. Once my timing is better I need to focus on programming my reflexes to pull of the proper combos or counters at proper times. Then need to develop actual mastery of said character by constant practice and familiarizing myself again with situational circumstances. I.E. que. 1st que 2nd que etc. For instance, there is a # of ways to react to something, the key to mastery is being 3 steps ahead of where you are. 1st que, I throw a fire ball. 2nd que you know Im going to throw a fireball and you counter it. 3rd que I know you think im going to throw a fireball and you'll try to overcome but I am prepared for your counter, as opposed to being prepared for my (faked) fireball. I've always been better at beating the player, as opposed to their character. I remember the days of making them jump and punishing them. Tripping them and throwing them when they expect something else and fucking up their rhythm... then when their rhythm is broken, capitalizing on their confusion.

Im so far away from where I was... I get frustrated. I know this is a new game but the principles are the same.

I'll be on in a little bit. we'll set up a privete room this time and just go at it. (that didn't sound right) no godly pros crashing the party. ;)

Indeed. Ill see you on soon enough. 'bout to hit the showers first though.

Well Inky and I had 45 matches. I feel alittle more control but I still have a long ways to go. Funny how Im good with Dahlsim and he is an advanced character. I want to get good with Goukin but he takes some skill to use properly.

I still cannot pull off moves well enough, its the controls. When I finish my joystick I'll have to learn to use the joy properly but the preciseness of the joy will help tremendously.

Hopefully someone else can join us but were about even. Id think everyone else would ruin us. But its good that inky and I are around the same level, but we can only "level" at a low rate this way, the way to get better faster is playing people who are quite skillful.

Alright peeps, I guess i'll have to get a PS3 now. The temptation is just too great.

I'm not the best but i'm pretty good so i'll be glad to play all of you soon enough. :D

And Kro, if you want some tips as i've been playing SF4 avidly for over a year, feel free to ask.

Edited by veristic

Any real help would be through combat. Too bad your getting a PS3. I cant think of any questions as what I need is experience. Once I get seasoned Id might have questions and try different stuff out cause id actually know what I was doing most of the time.