iso9660: incorrect header

Raimaru

The very same iso's work on his emulator though, thats what I don't understand

if they work on his laptop, why not mine? Could tranferring them from his laptop

to mine somehow effect the iso images?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, try using epsxe to run the game from the actual playstation discs. Just put the discs in and choose run CDROM from the file menu. (Make sure that under config you're pysical CDROM drive letter is selected first.) If the game reads and runs from all the the real discs, the isos have to be the problem. In which case you can try ripping them to bin/cue format, which is better anyway if the game uses redbook audio.

Final Fantasy VIII doesn't use redbook audio, so he's in the clear on that.

Although know that I've checked a few things, an incorrect header message in pSX can also be the result of trying to load a BIN disc image without a CUE file. For the informed, a CUE file should always be present, pointing directly to the right disc image and said CUE files should be the one being loaded, and not the BIN disc image.

Does "Disc 1 iso image" actually have an extension of any kind? You know that all standard files come with a file extension, right?

Unless you've made it so that Windows automatically hides supposedly known file extensions. Please turn that "feature" off, as it's more hassle than it's worth.

Also, .ccd files aren't used for isos. They're for clone CD images. Regular Isos are just a .iso file. Clone CD images are usually three files, .ccd .img and .sub files. Sounds to me like there's been some mix up with the images somewhere. I'm thinking you should get the discs off your friend, test that they all work, and then make your own images from them, using Alcohol 52%, Nero, UltraISO, or whatever your favourite CD software is.

Okay, I checked to make sure there weren't any hidden files and I found nothing.

So I don't have any extension files.

Yeah I realised ccd images don't do anything seeing as they are less than 1kb

I'll have a chat with my friend at college tomorrow and see if he will let me borrow the

game, or see if there are any files he forgot to give me.

Thanks for the help/advice.

I added .IMG to the files and i got this message:

cuebin: No .cue file found! Will attempt to guess format assuming single track

cuebin: Seems to be MODE2/2352

iso9660: incorrect header

and got then the game just stuck where it always does.

the cuebin message usually appears when I play disk 1 and works fine.

Then, if only just or kicks, write your own CUE file and test it.

I'm going to assume that the image is a single session MODE2 with no redbook, so the CUE should look like:

FILE "imagename.img" BINARY
 TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00