How would a ds emu on xbox run?

fumanchu

was looking through youtube and found a video with the newest version demue wii and it is coming along really well.

this emulator has really came on since its early days.

the wii has more or less the same specs as a xbox,obviously the processer is more up to date but the ram is more or less the same and i think the wii has a 724mhz processer IIRC.

so what are your thoughts on this do you think we could get a ds emulator on the xbox and running at any kind of decent speed.

Yes, you are real, i think the same thing ...

And it is why i m very sad ;)

Because there is the GBA on Wii, but also the last OpenBOR, the last ScummVM, Dreamcast, ....

It is not a good console for emulation, no real controlers, many people have just the wiimote, no HD possible like on xbox in YUV ...

But but but, peple are coding in :P

it would be possible to get a ds emu running on xbox but i dont think we would get one running full speed,but i would presume a playable speed is defiently possible.

would love to play contra 4 and ketsui ds on the xbox.

People are coding for the Wii because its new, and relevant. The Xbox is old news, and its not a challenge to coders out there because all the hard work is done. If someone were to port (just for example, I know it wouldnt run well at all) a PS2 emulator to Wii, and another to the Original Xbox, the Wii would get more hype I think, because more people have Wii's and more importantly, have Wii's as their main system.

GBA on Xbox runs pretty bad in some cases though, its nowhere near 100%... that might be because of technical limitations, or the lack of support after the original port... im not sure.

Anything is possible though.... maybe the Xtra's project will bring some light to the Xbox scene, more importantly the Emulators all getting updated on a mass scale, with mostly ALL of them getting a update..... before Madmab came along, the only emu's that wasn't abandoned was MAME and Final Burn.

I have read a lot of comments about people "dusting off their boxes" now that the new emus are out.... maybe one of those people dusting them off will be a programmer ;)

heres hoping.

Ok, is it just me or is the game running in slow motion in that video? If it runs like that on the Wii, how do you expect it to run well on the Xbox?

DS would run like dog turds on the XBox. The cpu may be a 733, but it feels more like in the 500mhz range. RAM wouldn't be much of an issue for this as the cartridge has a filesystem on it, it would be easy enough to put the cart on the hdd and stream whatever is needed from it.

The main issue is that the main ARM9 (~66mhz) and sub [sound] ARM7 (~33mhz) cpus would overtax the xbox's main cpu. ARM-type cpus are generally not fast or easy to emulate. The next issue would be that the graphics would have to be either HLE'd (complex & buggy) or LLE'd (good, but slow as hell).

wait... there's a ds emu on the my stupid wii??

what if nes ported it? he's done amazing things...

i think if it were ported and still slow it'll be great.

what ever happened to the psp a long while back?

oddly enough there is also a ds emulator for the psp based off the original source that the wii version is based off.

surprised that they would release a ds emu on psp,considering the size of the processer.

Again in slow mo. Would anyone really enjoy playing games at that speed? Would piss me off. Not that I have a DS, but wouldn't the lack of a touch screen be a problem in some games? How would you play brain training for example?

Maybe it could be made to work on touchscreen monitors. One day everything will be touch screen I think, then DS emulation might be good, but only with a PC I think, or more powerful console.