MvC3

Inky

I'm sure you will. even the most hard core xbox fanboy has to admit the PS3 pad is better. wish someone would make a 360 pad with everything the same except a ps3 style crosspad.

I like the stick layout and triggers better on xbox.

you fuckers are really making me jones for a ps3.

I use a joystick. I don't give a fuck what system it's on.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe thay fucked my favorite character Storm. I can't rape anyone anymore. I can't put her speed to use now. The same goes for Magneto too. I'm not liking this game. I searously thought about selling MVC3 to my friend for 60 bucks and it's in mint condition.

Os i played it for bout an hour.... ehhhh, it was kinda cool seeing as they allow a bit of "custom combos" but it all felt real....off to me for some reason.

And while the art is pretty, the chracters looks much lifeless/plastic then the older ones.

I often use th hulk comparison when placing his 2d stance against his 3d and u see such stiffness.. but that all nerdy stuff that only i pay attentnion to

Overall, its really meh for now, maybe i'll have to get into it...

.I went to capcom forums and man its ugly over there, pple say, " ilove it" and its like yaaay!

BUt if u say u dont like it, omg, it becomes horrible.

In closing, right now.....its meh....

I'll give it more timw

well guys when you are following up a classic after 10 years it's never going to be as good as you hoped. that's why I put no stock in Duke Nukem. and other stuff that's been in the pipe for years and years. this game is good for what it is. it's no MvC2. but capcom has been turning away from that type of thing since TvC. hell even SFIV has newbie shortcuts for moves in it. Capcom isn't interested in making a serious fighter that will be played for years and years like past games. they have the Taste of money in their mouths with DLC. Instead of killing you with new versions every 6 months. they can nickel and dime you to death with character and costume packs. It's just the new way of doing things. 2 or 3 DLC packs and title updates from now it will be closer to what people were expecting. but after 10 years of salivating and dreaming it's NEVER going to live up to what you want.

If you couldn't play Marvel 2, this game is for you. It's easier to jump into. Everything is practically Dial-A-Combo, it's highly offensive (Zoners be damned, niggas are FRAY), there isn't any input leniency (Not joking, you actually have to hit the correct inputs for moves to come out or else you'll whiff or get another super entirely, you can't even cheat like in MVC2, you MUST hit all the inputs for moves to come out) and everyone practically has the same combos (L M H S jM jM jH jS xx Hyper/DHC/Tag Aerial). Did everyone thing Storm and Magneto would be broken out of the box? You fucking kidding me? Storm still rapes (she even has a loop) and as does Magneto (who also has a loop). Loops are the new infinities folks, deal with it. There are no "custom" combo systems in this game. It's literally all the same shit for everyone.

If you are losing, you literally aren't mashing/randoming enough. If people are clamoring that it isn't MVC2, where the fuck were you all these years? You can't say shit because 1) You weren't supporting it, 2) Only played it casually. Marvel 3 came out because of the tourneyfags kept MVC2 alive, 3) Like hell this game is going to be god damn broken like MVC2.

I think the game looks DAMN great. Comparing the older 2d ass sprites (going as far back as from 1997 no less) to the newer 3d models is like comparing apples to oranges. This game is VIBRANT son (except SHIELD carrier, that level is too damn dark) and I think Capcom did a fuckingtastic job on the model work.

Of the the characters that have DLC (8) outfits on the disc, four of them have Cosmic alts (Wesker, Dormammu, Doom, Akuma) already. The rest are all incomplete according to G-T and his buddy who hacked the disc. Of the DLC Characters, Jill is incomplete (missing critical system data, balance data and still has place holder sounds) and Shuma is completely playable (assumingly canned because Marvel was on the fence about adding him until they came to an agreement with Capcom). Frank West and Doctor Octopus are in the system data as well, but there are zero assets for them. One thing people have to know is post-release DLC is on a separate budget, hence why it costs money. Once again, only 8 alt costumes are completed, the rest aren't. Only Shuma is completed, Jill isn't. Frank and Doc Ock we're removed/aren't even developed yet. DLC is low risk-high reward way to recoup development costs these days. There are plans for 4 more DLC characters that aren't even mentioned in the game data. So get hype for those.

Having friends in the industry for a few years now put me into perspective about it as they aren't pulling an SF4.

If you couldn't play Marvel 2, this game is for you. It's easier to jump into. Everything is practically Dial-A-Combo, it's highly offensive (Zoners be damned, niggas are FRAY), there isn't any input leniency (Not joking, you actually have to hit the correct inputs for moves to come out or else you'll whiff or get another super entirely, you can't even cheat like in MVC2, you MUST hit all the inputs for moves to come out) and everyone practically has the same combos (L M H S jM jM jH jS xx Hyper/DHC/Tag Aerial). Did everyone thing Storm and Magneto would be broken out of the box? You fucking kidding me? Storm still rapes (she even has a loop) and as does Magneto (who also has a loop). Loops are the new infinities folks, deal with it. There are no "custom" combo systems in this game. It's literally all the same shit for everyone.

If you are losing, you literally aren't mashing/randoming enough. If people are clamoring that it isn't MVC2, where the fuck were you all these years? You can't say shit because 1) You weren't supporting it, 2) Only played it casually. Marvel 3 came out because of the tourneyfags kept MVC2 alive, 3) Like hell this game is going to be god damn broken like MVC2.

I think the game looks DAMN great. Comparing the older 2d ass sprites (going as far back as from 1997 no less) to the newer 3d models is like comparing apples to oranges. This game is VIBRANT son (except SHIELD carrier, that level is too damn dark) and I think Capcom did a fuckingtastic job on the model work.

Of the the characters that have DLC (:) outfits on the disc, four of them have Cosmic alts (Wesker, Dormammu, Doom, Akuma) already. The rest are all incomplete according to G-T and his buddy who hacked the disc. Of the DLC Characters, Jill is incomplete (missing critical system data, balance data and still has place holder sounds) and Shuma is completely playable (assumingly canned because Marvel was on the fence about adding him until they came to an agreement with Capcom). Frank West and Doctor Octopus are in the system data as well, but there are zero assets for them. One thing people have to know is post-release DLC is on a separate budget, hence why it costs money. Once again, only 8 alt costumes are completed, the rest aren't. Only Shuma is completed, Jill isn't. Frank and Doc Ock we're removed/aren't even developed yet. DLC is low risk-high reward way to recoup development costs these days. There are plans for 4 more DLC characters that aren't even mentioned in the game data. So get hype for those.

Having friends in the industry for a few years now put me into perspective about it as they aren't pulling an SF4.

So u hate it? Or luv it?

I still disagree about the sprites, yeah thier old trashy but the stances and hit animations were just more detailed. You'll prob never understand what i mean.

And as far the video... WOW, they found these minute instant death combos already?!?? Game hasnt been out for a month yet! Instead of making it easy for casual players, they made it easier for casual players to get owned... i think

Yes, I love the game. And no, loads of people have gotten the game WAY earlier, me included. As early as the 8th and I got mine on the 10th. Legit too. Retailers had it as early as the 8th too and several people got the game earlier because they won Capcom contests like Marn and RyRy (both won Capcom-ran tournements to get their copies early).

Basically several hundred people got as much as a week's head start from everyone else.