MvC3

Inky

They use it to get that "animation" style effect for the characters. In some instances I prefer it, not sure how I feel about it in MvC3. I suppose they're going for a "comic book" type of look for the game. I will say that anything is better than rigid, super realistic 3D textures. Maybe MK could use a cel-shading makeover, along with better models.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I think Prince of Persia with Elekka was better than what's out now imo. The art, the battle system, etc.

That's the one thing I don't like about SFIV...the art style. Cell shading was a gimmick, 3-5 years ago. STOP IT ALREADY! It looks like ass. There's a reason Prince of Persia did it once, and it's gone...it's UGLY.

The fuck it is. That's the biggest bullshit I've ever heard all day.

That's the one thing I don't like about SFIV...the art style. Cell shading was a gimmick, 3-5 years ago. STOP IT ALREADY! It looks like ass. There's a reason Prince of Persia did it once, and it's gone...it's UGLY.

The fuck it is. That's the biggest bullshit I've ever heard all day.

I love how you NEVER elaborate on ANYTHING you ever say...

Cel shading doesn't work for anything but "Cutsie" games...like Wind Waker and games that are 100% aiming for a comic book look, like XIII. Everything else that has tried it, looks wrong and feels wrong.

You can't mix in a realistic style of play with cel shaded art. Won't agree with ANYONE that it works in any capacity.

Cell shading is fine when done right. Like when a 3d game is presented as 2d. much like SFIV. and since half the cast of this game are originated in comics, it fits.