Education sucks.

emsley

Students are not the problem, it's just the ones caught up in their self-esteem with their grandiose sense of worth, even Penn & Teller think self-esteem is bullshit and I can't wait to see that episode.

i think its great that someone can better them selfs but find people can be a pain in the ass when they are so far gone that they see you as lesser...

Its not for me to say "I care what they think" but i do have trouble with people who are not down to earth...

I got that good at pissing off pseudo intellect women that they get that pissed off they end up hating me, literally like wanting to see me get ran over and repeatedly tell me how much they hate me.

I challenge them on the "rich guy i see?" or "Hmm If I had a car and was a dentist would you find me more attractive?"

They always try and reason it and say a load of crap and when they realise they are tools to their own attraction process they flip out and try and gouge my eyes out.

Is there a chance you move closer to england to teach this stuff?

I dint think I could handle 15 hours on a plane, I have only flown twice, once to spain and once in a light aircraft.

If I can do it, you can do it.

Not sure what we're getting at in this thread, but I have an honours degree.

Not sure what we're getting at in this thread, but I have an honours degree.

I had to actually really think about your question. :)

My education was an odd affair when I was young "middle schools" where still in effect and I remember there were 4 years to do at middle school.

You can see an old aerial photo here

http://www.leodis.net/display.aspx?resourc...=2008523_166784

You can make out the primary school and the middle school, the middle school having 3 blocks.

I loved going to that school.

Then It all changed every thing was suddenly high school and middle schools were regarded as useless.

I hated high school, I tried to enjoy it and for the first two years I was in "top" classes, then I started getting migranes I was the only kid in the entire school who got these fuckers on a regular basis.

My schooling and attendance dipped and the last few years I was only there 70% of the time sometimes less.

I remember in my last years they put me in a combined dual class of geography and history instead of geography which I asked for.

i was then dumped In classes with all the kids who did not care about their schooling and by this point I became one of them. No longer was I scoring high in science tests or math tests the rot really hit me. Only in english did I pay attention and even then Hated reading about Romeo and Juliet preferring to write my own storeys.

Then in the final year I attended all my exams and failed miserably, but get this NO ONE in my year got high grades the school was branded WORST school in England for pass rates (this is true it was in the local paper)and over the next 3 years was shut down and turned into a "social centre for learning."

I guess Im trying to find blame to make my self feel better about not getting a reasonable education and ending up where I am now. :lol:

Well I guess that kind of situation is why there are all these NVQ courses about nowadays. You can start right from level 1 which is the equivalent of a GCSE and go all the way to level 8 which is equivalent of a PHD, in whatever subject you want to do. I'm even doing an NVQ right now myself in IT. The Jobcentre put me forward for it coz I said I'm good with computers. It's only one day a week, I do it on my day off from work.